IGNORED

Nice Gift:

Rob Swallows

My wife decided we needed additional dry, and easily removable storage for the bike.

This is what I came home from work to find:

Bag.jpg

It also has a completely waterproof cover that slips on easily and the mount fits well after the retention straps are adjusted correctly. This will be great to store that stuff you wish to remove as a unit and take into a shelter, (for instance) as a single unit. Two quick snap retainers and it lifts right off the luggage rack. Just as easy to reinstall too with no further adjustments needed.

Wow, Rob that is an awesome bag and Nelson-Rigg makes great stuff, l've have one of their t-bags for years and it's held up real well. I also have one of their half bike covers, I bought it in 2000, I'm still using it and it looks almost new!

Be careful with that bag on the trunk rack, that bag looks like it will hold a lot and the trunk racks are only rated for 20lbs. And that bag looks like it might catch a lot of air while the bike is moving and put even more stress on the rack and the thin plastic trunk lid. I had the Yamaha OME trunk bag, which is a lot smaller and I used to worry about putting to much weight on the rack and it cracking under the stress......Just my :2cents:

Yes watch the weight, also the hinge and struts that hold the trunk lid open may not like the weight if the bag is really loaded and on the lid when it is opened and latched in the full up position.

That would be a great place for rain suits and one change of dry clothes for each of you, always a pain trying to get into the side bags in the rain and if stopped under an overpass or on the side of the road, getting in the side bag that is closest to the traffic lane is scary and dangerous, having rain gear in the back bag would be better.

Thanks guys for the suggestions, we're right on the same page. I was kind of planning on the rain gear going into this tail panel bag. I agree I'm concerned about the wait. I replaced that door check with a steel and vinyl cable as it allows more opening and a lot less stress on everything I think. I really like how easy the bag Dismounts from the trunk rack. It only sticks up about 6 inches higher than the rear backrest for the passenger but again the bag will only be used when riding tandem.