IGNORED

Star Motorcycle 2009 Model Intro today at 3:00 PM EST

jpgivens

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It took 20 "how many" years to change the VMAX?Thank the people who keep buying the limited number of units.Yamaha figures making the masses wait one more year is not going to hurt the bottom line.You can bet the farm that next year there will be change .Like it or not the 2010 emissions laws will see to it.My bet is come 2010 there will be a all new Venture.I don't think Yamaha is going to get out of the touring market.There's too much money and time invested in the VMAX engine not to use it elsewhere.Rest your nerves though Yamaha only increased the VMAX a"mere 8,000 or so".With that you can count on Yamaha is only going to rise the Venture a "mere 10,000 or so".:missingtooth:

Now that's just plain digusting. One more year of pergatory... Ya'da thought they would have at least come out with a couple of good color combos. Black Cherry... Midnight... Silver.. I think I'm going to go throwup...............

And a healthy price increase too! :doh:

hh

2009 Venture: :thumbdown:I thought for sure we would see EFI and no more cassette!
i must say injection is nice, i have four bikes with it. other than having to choke it, i had no problem with the carbs. forget you have a cassette and get a sirius radio. it's the only way to go. cd players are a pain in the rump. thats the fun of having a bike. customizing it to suit you. never had a bike that was perfect. so i just took it on myself to make it perfect for me. bill :2133:

I guess now that they no longer make the "midnight" it should go up in value! right?

Just gota love those beautiful black bikes!

:Venture:

Gene

Amen to that. I guess I'll keep mine for a bit longer, unless someone gives me an offer I can't refuse!!!!! :thumbsup2:

If its true they only sold 1700 bikes last year they probably would. My local dealer doesn't even carry them.

The dealer in Woodstock usually has one on the floor. I think he probably sells 2 or 3 a year, maybe more, just a guess on my part.

Jerry

Guest tx2sturgis
come on folks, you have one of the nicest touring bikes ever made. harley has been trying to get it right for over a hundred years and still hasn't got anything to compete with the venture.

Uh...come again? Over a hundred thousand touring bikes put out by Harley every year are FINE machines...the Venture is a fine bike also..Harley has it right, and so does Yamaha. But lets not kid ourselves, the Venture is no competition to the Electraglides, not in a marketing sense, or in sales numbers. (Im not talking about hardware here)

..... your venture is one of the best looking bikes on the road. bill
If the Harleys are not the best looking, and the Venture is ONE of the best, what are you putting it in the company of? Gold Wing? Boss Hoss? BMW?

I see things the way they actually are. The Venture is a bike that usually attracts physically large male metric riders. The Touring Harleys attract male and female, all body sizes, and those who prefer to ride...quote...American V-twins. So there ya go. The two bikes are NOT in competition, after all.

Guest tx2sturgis
I think he just called me fat

LOL....ok, before anyone gets TOO insulted, what I mean is, the Venture is well suited to riders who find themselves 'cramped' on smaller bikes, including ElectraGlides, and even Goldwings. ( talking seating position, not cc's)

You simply dont see many small frame men or women riding around on a Venture. Its not a normal upgrade path for a woman whos 5'4", 125 pounds, and riding, say a HD Sportster or Honda Shadow. But it is very likely to attract us men who find ourselves 5'10" or more tall, and tipping the scale at around 180 or more. Certainly there are a few men smaller than that riding Ventures, but they are not the intended target customer.

In other words,

YOU MUST BE THIS TALL TO RIDE! --->> ______________________

:rasberry:

But it is very likely to attract us men who find ourselves 5'10" or more tall, and tipping the scale at around 180 or more. Certainly there are a few men smaller than that riding Ventures, but they are not the intended target customer.

Are you saying Yamaha's "target customers" are BIG People? Seriously... I doubt anyone in Yamaha's design team thought of that. Can you imagine... "hey everyone...let's make a touring bike for BIG people!"... yeahhhhhh and they went out and did it.

It's a matter of circumstance and nothing more. The fact simply is there are fewer slim & trim guys like me around. Not to mention ones who can manhandle these scoots as good as any "big" guy.

:rasberry: :rasberry:

well I waited to see now it is time to start looking.

Do you actually think, they can incorporate a bunch of the things from our wish list, in 2 months, since the International Rally, next year maybe.

Yamaha Canada was at this years International Rally, was taking notes & was also referred to the wish lists here, to send to the factory. One of the members there, was talking with them for about an hour.

Go back & read the threads from the rally & you should find mention of that. :2cents:

Guest tx2sturgis
Are you saying Yamaha's "target customers" are BIG People? Seriously... I doubt anyone in Yamaha's design team thought of that. Can you imagine... "hey everyone...let's make a touring bike for BIG people!"... yeahhhhhh and they went out and did it.

It's a matter of circumstance and nothing more. The fact simply is there are fewer slim & trim guys like me around. Not to mention ones who can manhandle these scoots as good as any "big" guy.

:rasberry: :rasberry:

No..Im only saying what you read in my post. Im not implying anything about Yamaha's design team. But the FACT is, they built a big bike around a big motor, with big tires and a big tank, and a big seat, and the bike is BIG. It weighs just short of half a ton. Put a load of leathers, clothes, and a few tools in the bags, fill'er up with oil, coolant, and gas, and I'm guessing its tipping past the 900 pound mark. (Yamaha rates it at 869 pounds 'wet')

No, dude, it's not just circumstances. Harley makes a bike with ergos that fit 'normal' sized individuals well, and can easily be adapted to shorter and/or smaller riders. Thats how they designed them. Ventures fit larger individuals well, if not perfect.

BMW has recently admitted to primarily designing bikes for taller individuals, with some refocusing of design, to fit shorter riders with some of the newer bikes. Its not a stretch to think that the Yamaha design team thought, BIG Americans like BIG bikes. Do you think it could not happen? Think again.

All you have to do is join a Yamaha V-Star or Harley Sportster forum and see LOTS of women riding those bikes, as opposed to this forum, where its probably 95% men riding the Venture, other than a few trikes, or maybe a few taller women riding them.

If you are 'slim and trim' and riding a 2nd gen, you are a competent rider, but also, you are in the minority.

Actually Bill he does have a point. If the Venture is all that why is it you are now on a Wing. Maybe because Honda updated their tourer. Harley also has done this. Is Yamaha so arragant that they think a ten year old product will be perfect forever?
scott, i'm on the wing strictly by accident. i bought it on a whim. it is just as hard to handle at low speeds as my rstd was. i replaced my rstd with a v-star 1300. i love it. it does everything perfect accept for one thing it ain't no touring bike. the vtwin just don't cut the mustard. really can't see anything new about the harley for the exorbanant price. the overall design is archaic by todays standards. they just took a hundred year old motor and keep changing it with upgrades. it's still the same old single crankpin male and female rod, v-twin, aircooled push rod engine thats been around from day one. they are nice looking bikes but from an engineering stand point are ancient technology. i don't see anything ancient about a venture accept for the cassett player. the motor is still a high tech design, and up with the times. even the carbs aren't a bad asset they work fine, i can work on them and tune them with everyday tools, i never had an issue with them. i'm not against people riding harleys but facts are facts. there is no comparison between a harley v-twin and the yammer engine when it comes to technology. bill :stirthepot::2133: