IGNORED

Indy Grand Prix

waterbug

Does anyone know if there will be very many vendors and such at this event? I have heard from other people that they are trying to make this a Indy bike week and are going to have 4 blocks down town set up for only bikes and the parties and diffrent things going on all over but havent found any real info. I have my kids that weekend so they cone first but would like to go see the vendors and see what I can get for the bike and us.

MY boss man, and his son, ran at indy , last weekend. i haven't gotten to talk to either of them to see how they did.

i think the son, is #1 in his class, so far this year.

just jt

What class is he in? We'll watch for him. At least going out for practice. 12,13,14th.

I believe it all starts next week from what I am told, I was told that they are going to set up a free style and moto jump thing in the street in Broadripple on thursday and have free style things going on down town but I havent been able to confirm that yet. I was hoping someone here would know for sure what is going on. Have a good time to all that come and just watch out for the cops I was told that they are going to be on the look out for loud bikes and the drinking.

Have a good time to all that come and just watch out for the cops I was told that they are going to be on the look out for loud bikes and the drinking.
Well, at least those are two things I don't have to worry about; my bike's quiet, and I never drink if I'm on two wheels. I may try to get in touch with some friends of mine that are big into the GP and see if they have a schedule or itinerary of events. I'd sure like to drop in and just take a look at what all there is to be seen.

Anyone want to check out the schedule of events? I'm particularly amused by the stunting competition they're having downtown. I'm betting they won't be keeping both tires on the pavement.

Here's a list of vendors.

Free motorcycle parking (while it lasts) on the north end of the track.

The whole idea of the police checking for loud pipes strikes me as funny. I was downtown in the wife's pickup the other day and got passed by two Indy motorcycle cops. Both were running loud pipes.

Thanks guys I knew someone here would know what all was going on. It looks like you have to buy tickets to even get into the area were the vendors are instead of outside the track like they are for all the other races. Oh well thats my luck, anyone that goes let us hear how it goes and if its worth messing with and have fun.:Venture:

Dang it Steve,you beat me to it!!!! That's what I get for workin' on my side jobs all day!!!! Good job!!

Dan

All work and no play makes Dan a little slower than normal?

Thursday is free at the track, vendors open, preview day.

Friday is 10 bucks to get in for practice, Quals on Saturday is 20 bucks. Probably watch it on TV live or replay. Gonna try to get out there Thurs or Fri.

Dan

See now, I hadn't noticed this part. I'm less than three miles from the track, so I have to go by a few times, just to see what's up. I might even stop since I don't have to get a big ticket. Unfortunately I won't be able to make the race - family reunion in Terre Haute.

One irritating point to it all: They're rebuilding the interstate on this side of town and they've closed the 21st Street bridge. That takes away one of the good short cuts to the track. I used to be able to slip in between the traffic control roadblocks.

Thursday is free at the track, vendors open, preview day.

Friday is 10 bucks to get in for practice, Quals on Saturday is 20 bucks. Probably watch it on TV live or replay. Gonna try to get out there Thurs or Fri.

Dan

Hey, Dan...

Where did this info come from? I'm trying to find out, because if it's $20 to get in on Saturday for qualifying, I might just drop by. Everywhere I look I can only find the 3-day pass for $75.

Hey, Dan...

Where did this info come from? I'm trying to find out, because if it's $20 to get in on Saturday for qualifying, I might just drop by. Everywhere I look I can only find the 3-day pass for $75.

Check everything out here, should have posted this in the first place, but we like to feel needed and wanted around here, like we got something to contribute!!!!!!!

http://www.indianapolismotorspeedway.com/news/12322/Red_Bull_Indianapolis_GPreview_Offers_Fan_Excitement_Sept__11

Dan

Looks like lots of good things going on that week. My wife and I are coming up on Thursday and will be going to the Indy Mile Flat Track Race on Saturday. Looks like we'll have plenty to do both days. Now if the rain will just hold off a few more day...