IGNORED

Bad news from Canadian crew going to PIP

sarges46

Guest Big Bob Daughter

My Dad is doing really good today and he is getting stronger. He is no longer in the Critical Care Unit and has been moved to a bed in the hospital. He will be in the hospital here in Grand Forks until early next week, they are still assessing which hospital he will be transfered to.

He is now able to drink and says water never tasted sooooooo good. He is also able to drink juice & tea ans eat jello & broth.

I will be driving to Devil's Lake on Saturday morning to take pictures of his bike and trailer. I am also still in contact with the personal claim adjuster and the bike/trailer adjuster.

I hope everyone is having a good day,

:big-grin-emoticon: Johanne

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Johanne, I have been following this thread since the beginning, and my thoughts have been with your Dad and all his family I wish you all the very best. I want to thank you for taking the time to keep us all updated, I know it has been a roller coaster ride for you guys and I am glad your Dad is doing better daily. Your Dad should be very proud of the way you took control of all of this and when he feels better and looks back over everything I am sure he will be. Hope things keep going better every day, Good Luck, Craig

Guest tessa c2

Hi johanne. this was good to hear, Usually once a person can start motoring on your own, your health picks up pretty quick, this was just great to hear, have a good evenning, t/c pete:thumbsup2:

My heart is doing a little dance tonight. Most of the despair is fading a little more each day the news is good.

This is the best of all. Marilyn told me she talked to Wayne(Duke) from Winnipeg and he said that he talked with Bob today! I will try and call if I may.

Johanne...I have 4 pics we took of the bike and trailer. They are not real close ups but I can send them to you if you wish. Just get me a email addy.

Ours is mrreimer@westman.wave.ca

Guest Big Bob Daughter

Getting better each day!

He is now able to eat "Real" food. For lunch yesterday he had turkey, mashed potatoes and brocolli. We also make sure that he has 3 jugs of water on his table so that he doesn't run out. His legs are getting stronger, he still needs assistance to get up and transfered to a chair but he says he feels stronger and stronger every day.

He will stay in the hospital until next Tuesday if everything continues as it is. Still not sure which hospital he will get transfer to, we will know on Monday.

** Rick I sent you a message to your email address.

We are now off to the hospital.....

Later,

Johanne ;)

Getting better each day!

He is now able to eat "Real" food. For lunch yesterday he had turkey, mashed potatoes and brocolli. We also make sure that he has 3 jugs of water on his table so that he doesn't run out. His legs are getting stronger, he still needs assistance to get up and transfered to a chair but he says he feels stronger and stronger every day.

Later,

Johanne ;)

:big-grin-emoticon::big-grin-emoticon::big-grin-emoticon:

With his progress this week, you may have to try & hold him back a bit......... So he doesn't over do things & have a setback........ That is nothing, we want to happen, at all.

:no-no-no::no-no-no::bang head::canada:

Guest Big Bob Daughter

Well almost all the tubes are out. They removed the PICC line yesterday and today they removed the oxygen tube from his nose, chest tube and cathater. He only has an antibiotic IV left and that will be removed tomorrow afternoon. He is looking pretty good but still short of breath (can't talk for a long period of time or move around very much) and he gets tired very fast. They have him doing some breating excercises (my son Christian came down yesterday and has been helping his grandpa with these excercises - his personal training coach).

We when to see the bike and trailer today in Devil's Lake and took many pictures and I wrote down some notes. We also asked the person that picked up the bike if he could draw me a map as to where the accident happened. On our way back we tried to find the site, I know we were close but did not see any evidence of the crash. They had just cut the grass not to long ago. As soon as we got back to Grand Forks, I went to Walmart to develop the pictures so that my dad could see the damages.

Well that is it for tonight, I'm off to bed.

Johanne :)

Guest tessa c2

good morning Johanne , sorry that i have missed you the last couple of days, but the news from you sounded great, say hi to bob for us, and hope he has a great couple of days, t/c pete