Helo all, I'm getting ready to order a new widshield for my 89VR powder blue and I'm thinking I'm going to go with Cee Bailey's. My question is does anyone here have a pic of blue gen 1 with the blue tinting that cee bailey's offers. I tried some searching but to no avail but before I make such a bold artistic move:scratchchin: I thought I'd check to see if anyone here may have done such a thing already.

thanks all.

I also have a Vstom 1K and ther shields are a popular option for them. I'm a bit surprised not many here use them. Well if I pull the trigger I'll let you know what I think. bob

I think the biggest drawback to CB's is that they don't do the vent option. Otherwise I've heard nothing but good about their quality.

it does look like clearview has a 2nd available for $205 and it has the vent installed already. They say it has a light scratch about 1" long in the upper right side of the shield. it is 22.5" tall which I think is about stock height. I think I'm wanting to go with a 20" height. looks like a decent deal.

I like to see over the shileds and not through and the stock height is jsut on that border for me. I cut down the OEM but I don't liek the tuberlance I'm getting from it...also it seems to get even more back pressure than before.

My preference is the Clearview shield but it has nothing to do with the vent. The next Clearview that I buy will be ordered without the vent. I like the vented shields but I personally think that the round vents that are easily installed at home are much better than the Goldwing style vents used by Clearview.

My preference for the Clearview is because of the material that they use. Most shields are made from Lexan which has a hard coating to help prevent scratches. The downside is that they DO still get scratched and if you polish out the scratches, you polish off the hard coating and then they scratch very easily. Clearview does not use the coating and you can polish out any scratches with no problem. You also don't have to worry about using RainX and similar products on them because those products won't turn them yellow as they will if you use them on a coated shield.

I've had my Clearview on the '99 since '99. It is a great shield. I WISH it would get scratched up or something because I would like to try one of their new swept back styles but it looks like it is going to last forever. :(

I have a CEE Bailey on my 05. It was on the bike from the private sale person I bought it from. It is the short model (not the real short summer sheild) and have been very happy.

I also have the factory stock sheild but have not put on the bike yet. Likely in the fall cool weather when need "winter: protection.

Love the shield. Good price. Will likely order the really short one for next summer.

:Venture:

Ride ON!

I have the Cee Bailieys and am very happy with it. I believe in addition to doing cycle shields the also do Aircraft windshields. I would not hesitate buying another one. I also believe it was a little cheaper than the clearview but chose them as the order time was quite a bit less.