IGNORED

Am I missing something here?

Jerry W

Maybe I am off base, but seems to me that either the truth ain't in Freebird or the moderators are spending more time than they should on keeping this site what it was meant to be. Not trying to start anything, just my :2cents: Just for the record, I don't think it an untruth on Freebird's part.

"Welcome to VentureRider.org. We are glad you are here. This site was first founded on July 21st, 2004. What started as a small group of about 100 members has quickly grown to the largest and friendliest Venture and Royal Star site on the Internet. "

Part of the growing pains Jerry, it comes in cycles and it's gone on from the start. It's hard sometimes to have 5000 plus people and everyone get along all the time....just like a family. It just seems right now that there are a few things that are getting attention, not a huge deal. But we would like to thank you for noticing and for being an active part of the membership

:happy34:

I think your right. in the last couple of months Ive noticed that there are a small few who have to put these little digs in that arnt neccesary to get some riled up and the moderators have to step in and close the thread. Ive been here since 2005 and cant remember anything needing deleted before. Im sure there probably were I few but cant remember. But seems like alot lately.

John

Well, I'm not sure how to reply to this. I've been part of a number of such groups and I honestly don't know of a friendlier one anywhere. There will always be little spats here and there. There will always be a handful of people that just love to stir things up and beat the same dead horses over and over and over. The only way of preventing that would be to ban those who do it and that is really not a good option because some of those same folks are also the first to lend a hand when somebody really needs help.

It's not a perfect world. We all have our little "hot buttons". When I look at all the wonderful things that the members here have done for each other though, I have absolutely no doubt that the statement is true.

I agree though that lately it seems that some folks are going above and beyond at twisting threads into political statements or other arguments. In the history of this club, there has been ONE SINGLE PERSON banned and he was way off base and warned several times. I hope to never have to ban anybody else but I will do so if it is clearly the best thing for the majority of the members.

When I come on here, it is to share time with my passion and relaxation method of choice and share those experiences with my FRIENDS. I can have all the political and social dialogues with plenty of people around my community, as I have been involved with our local government as a concerned citizen and community-involved person for some time.

This is a life-style community we have here on this site, with a very large and diverse population. We all have our opinions and are entitled to them. We all just need to realize that maybe this isn't the place to express some of them. I would rather inflame somebody (Skinny Squidley style) by razzin' them about their slower 2nd gen or even MKII's, which we all know is just in jest, than by bringing my personal opinions on here about our socio-political shortcomings.

Sometimes I also type replies, then delete them before posting, as it came over me that this is NOT the forum for that. Conversation is one thing, demeaning opinions are another. I, for one, will exercise EXTREME caution on my posts and replies to make sure of not crossing that line. Perhaps we all can, and then enjoy some Ice Cream together someday!!!!!

Dan

(AKA Skinny Squidley)

I am not advocating banishment of any member or thread. My point was that Freebird and the other guys who put this site together and take the time to maintain and moderate what goes on here do an awesome job and I hate to see them have to give even more of their time reading every post to ensure that things don't get out of hand. If they start having to spend more time monitoring the posts, they are going to start whining for a pay raise.

I am not advocating banishment of any member or thread. My point was that Freebird and the other guys who put this site together and take the time to maintain and moderate what goes on here do an awesome job and I hate to see them have to give even more of their time reading every post to ensure that things don't get out of hand. If they start having to spend more time monitoring the posts, they are going to start whining for a pay raise.

They need to read most posts anyways, as they do get razzed on a fairly regular basis (some more than others). Got to keep them on their toes & awake.:stirthepot::rotf::rotf:

There goes the ice cream budget.............:mo money:

...this is NOT the forum for that....and then enjoy some Ice Cream together someday!!!!! Dan (AKA Skinny Squidley)
I like what Dan said. Maybe we can all agree that a little ice cream would do us all good. I want Chocalate, how about you? :thumbsup2:

I like what Dan said. Maybe we can all agree that a little ice cream would do us all good. I want Chocalate, how about you? :thumbsup2:

I'd rather have more of Lonna's cheesecake than ice cream ( less fattening).

Ian

Edited by ibents
missed something

Ice cream, cheese cake, and apple pie. Three of my favorite food groups. Now we're on the right track. Hey Bill, any ice cream parlors in Eureka Springs.

:178::178:

don't know. i try to stay away from that stuff. thats how i maintain this fantastic body. planning on swimming the english channel when i turn 70. don't laugh could happen. :rotf::rotf::2133:

don't know. i try to stay away from that stuff. thats how i maintain this fantastic body. planning on swimming the english channel when i turn 70. don't laugh could happen. :rotf::rotf::2133:
So you really don't want any cheesecake or carrot cake at the rally? O.K. We would hate to throw you off your training regimen. :080402gudl_prv:

So you really don't want any cheesecake or carrot cake at the rally? O.K. We would hate to throw you off your training regimen. :080402gudl_prv:
i am in the process of crash dieting this week and next. so i have a little room to play at eureka springs. i sure did play there last year. bill :cool10::2133: