IGNORED

86 drive shaft U joint

Guest tessa c2

Guest tessa c2

Okay i'm putting this under a new thread, we can still get them from yamaha, for a mirror 335.00 plus when ever it gets here, but this included a yoke, so i had phoned around to some of the shops that work on drive shafts ect, and came across one who was very close, had the correct spider, but the bearing caps where wrong, and the fellow said he had got it in years ago for the yamaha quad runners, after a few more shops, i had to go into the local yamaha dealer in town here, and was about to order in the u joint and yoke, had he had jotted down all the parts numbers for the order, when i had asked what he had for the quad runners, well low and behold there it was, he had the spider, needle bearings and clips that all matched my bike part numbers. so instead of buying one for 335.00 it had cost me 130.00. so i hope the correct people read this and move the following info to the right location on here,

circlip--part # yam93440-20088-00 13d5

bearing 2hr #yam93399-99926-00 13a6

00spider #yam2hr-46187-00 13f3

i have just put the universal together and it looks great:thumbsup: thanks fellows for the help. pete

Guest tessa c2

yup cause hopefully i will never need those part numbers again. but that is one thing that ************ me off is when you need a peice, and then want to sell you half the machine with the piece. but i like yamaha's idea, and see why now you have to buy each each individual piece for the U joint. takes up a lot less room stocking bearing cups verses the complete universal. i'll write the part #'s in my parts book just in case though. pete now just put the bike back together for wednesday for the P I P when i have to work all weekend.

Guest tessa c2

yup it is crappy i have to be at work all weekend, then monday tuesday i am on the early shift, so will have my evennings to work on the bike, still would like to hook up with the rocket when he blows through, last i had heard he was leaving wainwrite after work on wed. and wanted to hold up at friesman that night, then hit your place on thursday, so my guess i will be at your place on thursday, seen big bob a couple times this week, and his plans are still the same, getting to your place on thursday as well. pete

last i had heard he was leaving wainwrite after work on wed. and wanted to hold up at friesman that night, then hit your place on thursday,

Not quite, heading south into North Dakota, after leaving Brian's. If I didn't need to see Brian, due to recent events (have an offer for him). If Brian's scoot hadn't acted up in Cal, it would have been to check & see if he could make PIP.

Thinking of hitting the Montanna, border crossing closer to your area on the way back.

:canada:

Guest tessa c2

okay, well had a bumber of a night, putting the first pinion gear in and following the books 22ft/lbs of torque, well snugged them all up with a ratchet and socket first, then went to the torque wrench, they were on there a heck of a lot tighter than 22 lbs,i had that just snugging them up, well making a long story short, one bolt got twisted off under the torque wrench,:soapbox: and is that a beautiful spot to try and get a twisted off bolt out, got it anyways, so now try and find a bolt like that on a sunday. know were they are, but might have to do some major brown noiseing tomorrow. so needless to say i'm not any closer to having my bike together than i was this morning