IGNORED

PIP .......any time for maintenance ???

Bubber

I was planning on going to the PIP and I was hoping that some one would be there with a carb tune and show me how it is suppossed to work and how the carb are ajusted.

I know this is suppossed to be a fun gathering but I was hoping to learn a few things from you all that have more time in the saddle than I do.

I was just in the process of changing out the plugs but I thought I would wait to see if the carbs needed to be synced too. Thought I could do it at the same time.

I am looking forward to meeting the regulars and those that came in from some distance.

The wife wants to know if she should bring a pan of bars or something. Ya know somthing to eat while having a barley pop or orther adult beverage. I figured some one would be interested since this is a eating club with a motorcycle disorder. Ain't it ??????? LOL

Steve

aka Bubber

Edited by Bubber
can't spell fer sour apples

Yes, normally Sunday is the day of maintenance and yes I will have a carb tune. There will likely be a couple for sure out there.

Extra food is not really extra at any venturerider meet! It will get ate...and our thanks to her for the effort...yummm!

See you there!

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/eng/lol6.gif Alright. A volunteer mercy bike....

Yes, there will be at least two, if not more carb tunes available at the Pork in the Pines.

In addition to Sunday Maintenance, if all goes as planned, there will be a rider challange for all you expert riders (which immediately excludes me).

Just counting down the days...

:mytruck:

"A volunteer mercy bike"

Would you like to elaberate on that a little? LOL

Work on? ....... YES! Experiment with........ Not to sure about that! LOL

I'll Be there keeping an eye on it for sure !

Bubber

We kind of takes things apart....stand or sit around and scratch our heads some....eat some....bs alot....scratch heads some more...you get the idea. Then we let Marilyn fix it right!

No worries, most of the bikes have had all their pieces with them when we loaded them onto the truck or trailer!:crackup:

Guest tessa c2

that is usually how it goes, once we have it stripped down, and sitting in the lawn chairs haveing a brew, Marilyne ussually gets in there with the wrenches. who we give her advice from the lawn chairs alright

or else you can have juggler in there,where to him, the American left is our Canadian right, so when you are sitting in the lawn chair wireing up a bike trailer, it getts tough when the wrong lights keep working. i just have to figure out a way to get a pic on here of Gary laying under his bike for 2 hours trying to check the tread on his frount tire

:cool10:

Guest tessa c2

okay back from a trip to saskatoon. and found this this morning so will see if it works with Gary checking out his frount tire for 2 hours [ATTACH]20706[/ATTACH]

Guest tessa c2

well you know how it is when youget older, and have to get those bi folcals, and some time you are to close for them to work and can't get far enough back for the top part of the glasses to work for seeing...... well, we had gone through a couple of coors, before we had realized that he wasn't moving:doh:

Guest tessa c2

no but if i remember correctly, there was always a garden hose laying close by.... yup and i can see this comming, be kind-a like trying to get a badger out of a hole with a length of barb wire:rotfl:

Carb-Tune syncs carbs. Color-Tune adjusts fuel mixture.:think:

Hmmm,,,

Actually color tune shows you the color of the flameafter the spark ignites the fuel mixture. By looking at the color you can tell if the mixture is lean or rich. Then you adjust the mixture screws on the carb untill you get the right color.