Hi all, I've been offered a High Windscreen for £40 and a Low Windscreen for £25. What I want to know is did the Ventures come as standard with a option for High or Low windscreens? I really want to build the bike back up to as standard as possible so I'd like to get the original.

Hi all, I've been offered a High Windscreen for £40 and a Low Windscreen for £25. What I want to know is did the Ventures come as standard with a option for High or Low windscreens? I really want to build the bike back up to as standard as possible so I'd like to get the original.

Geez good deal. I just spent 360 bucks for my vented XL clearview that I am installing today, I think mine is about 2 inches over stock at 24 inches so i guess that would make stock 22 inches. OOO i was a math guy, cant you tell! LOL

Some of the other wiser, more knowlegable guys should be by later to confirm (maybe deny) this.

Brian

Geez good deal. I just spent 360 bucks for my vented XL clearview that I am installing today, I think mine is about 2 inches over stock at 24 inches so i guess that would make stock 22 inches. OOO i was a math guy, cant you tell! LOL

Some of the other wiser, more knowlegable guys should be by later to confirm (maybe deny) this.

Brian

to what....confirm or deny your math skills???

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

. . . vented XL clearview that I am installing today, I think mine is about 2 inches over stock at 24 inches so i guess that would make stock 22 inches . . .

Brian

I did the same thing. I believe it was $30 extra to get the extra height. What a bargain! That vent will eliminate the sweats on a hot day, too. I got the taller shield because the stock height put the upper edge right in my line of vision when riding--open road no problem, but it played hell with all the distractions in town.

Hope yours works as well as mine does.

I did the same thing. I believe it was $30 extra to get the extra height. What a bargain! That vent will eliminate the sweats on a hot day, too. I got the taller shield because the stock height put the upper edge right in my line of vision when riding--open road no problem, but it played hell with all the distractions in town.

Hope yours works as well as mine does.

I had the same problem but I cut mine down instead of getting a taller one. I had to ride in the fog once (or twice) and couldn't see through it. Now I have no problem in any weather. It is just below eye sight, it still deflect most of the rain over my head.

I dont know if mine is original but its 22" from the mounting screw in the front to the top. i can see over the top wich is good and im 6'4"

Same here...I'm 6'4" and I look just over the top of the windshield..I like it that way. Its a little noiseier but Looking through a wet or bug splattered windshield doesn't appeal to me.....

The OEM short was 20.5 inches, tall was about 22 inches. This is measured top to bottom edge in the centre area.

I prefer the 20.5 height myself, for riding in fog & rain. :canada:

Hi guy's, thanks for all the info, I think I'll go for the short one then as I'm 5,11" and don't like the idea of looking through a bug splattered windscreen.Also like you all confirm, it still deflects all the wind/rain.:250:

• 9 months later...

Hey guys,

I get the not wanting to look through windshields. I'm 6'1" and probably have the standard windsheild. Out of town so can't measure. Imagine the top of sheild probably comes to my lips if I were to put a level on it. My head is getting bounced around like crazy, not to mention the noise with my modular helmet. I duck my head down for a break from it all. I like the quite. This just doesn't seem right. I don't want to look through glass either, but is there something else I can do? Somebody was talking about these vents helping with drafts. I don't understand all that stuff, but I like the comfort behind the sheild even if it is hotter. Don't want to look through the sheild even though about every motorcycle I see in Europe (and there are a lot over here) are all behind massive wind screens.

Thanks for feedback.

Bob