Never heard of such a thing.

This is a fix to cure the stator overheating problem in the '83.'s & '84's. I don't know if it was a recall or just something Yamaha came up with to appease the customer, but if it were a recall most '83's probably have already had it done. Still not a bad idea to have a kit around just because. Tuff to find when you need one right away... And, if I didn't already have one in my stash, I'd have bought this one.. Cheap insurance.

This is a fix to cure the stator overheating problem in the '83.'s & '84's. I don't know if it was a recall or just something Yamaha came up with to appease the customer, but if it were a recall most '83's probably have already had it done.

It was a tech bulletin item with a new stator also installed. It was performed, as a warranty fix, no matter if bike was still under warranty or not. All bikes in affected year(s), was to be done.

It was a tech bulletin item with a new stator also installed. It was performed, as a warranty fix, no matter if bike was still under warranty or not. All bikes in affected year(s), was to be done.

Sounds like a recall to me.. Wonder if it's still in effect.... :)

Sounds like a recall to me.. Wonder if it's still in effect.... :)

It can be checked by vin, at a dealer to see what fixes has been done. If an affected bike has not been done, try it, nothing really to lose, cost wise.

It can be checked by vin, at a dealer to see what fixes has been done. If an affected bike has not been done, try it, nothing really to lose, cost wise.

LOL.... I bet if I walked into my local dealer with the VIN# and asked him to look up the factory fixes that have been done to the '83 I'd get a 'YOU WANT WHAT???' :rotf::)

LOL.... I bet if I walked into my local dealer with the VIN# and asked him to look up the factory fixes that have been done to the '83 I'd get a 'YOU WANT WHAT???' :rotf::)

I had no problem getting a printout on mine, only took a couple of minute at the service desk...... Yeah they would probably laugh, at a free fix, but the bike most likely had it done, as well as brake pads changed under warranty.

Hi,

Do you have a picture you could post (Or can you tell me the ebay auction number you got it on so I can have a look at the ebay picture?) so I can see if it is what I think it is ?

Thanks,

Brian H.

Uxbridge Ont

Lots of talk but no action so far. Cheap insurance...Somebody needs it, and no it's not free....:hurts:

If you paid that much for I think you got robbed. I bought the NOS kit a few years ago on e-bay with a buy it now price of 10.00 and 3.00 shipping. They may have become scarcer now so the price could have went up. I think the resell on e-bay is the best idea.

Dick

• 1 month later...