IGNORED

Ride Like a Pro IV DVD for FREE!!!!!!!

KiteSquid

Welcome to the site!! If you haven't found already, this is a great place to meet good people and get great technical assistance for RSVs, RSTDs, 1st gens, and some others.

Not to be a turd or anything and to be fair here, we are only passing this DVD to current members for a few reasons. Mainly, the current members will be able to be contacted outside of the 15 day trial period as well as with as long as this list is, it will take a bit of time to get to the end which will be well beyond 15 days from now.

If you decide to go ahead and join up as a supporting member, I will certainly add you to the list.

Ride safe!

Gotcha' (and not to be a turd to ccpeso) -- but when I join up once my "trialship" runs out, can I have my spot back in line? thanks!

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to be a turd or anything and to be fair here, we are only passing this DVD to current members for a few reasons........ as long as this list is, it will take a bit of time to get to the end which will be well beyond 15 days from now.

Hi, Rick.

I don't mean to sound like a nag (although I probably will)...and believe me I DO have the utmost respect for anyone who's responsible for keeping track of ANY list of recipients of ANYTHING that's being shipped around the continent.....I'm just wondering, is there any hope that 2010 will be the year that one of these videos will make it up to Canada? (Or has one of them made it back across the border already?)

Looking forward to seeing it. (Although my dentist says HE has a copy......so maybe I'll just visit him for a "polishing job", and maybe sneak a peak in his office for his copy of Ride Like A Pro!)

To everyone who's been waiting for the weather to warm up so they can get their trusty steeds back on the road (and my understanding is that this may actually include some of you in Florida and Texas......LOL......), have a safe and fun riding season, IF and WHEN it actually arrives!

Michael

Hi, Rick.

I don't mean to sound like a nag (although I probably will)...and believe me I DO have the utmost respect for anyone who's responsible for keeping track of ANY list of recipients of ANYTHING that's being shipped around the continent.....I'm just wondering, is there any hope that 2010 will be the year that one of these videos will make it up to Canada? (Or has one of them made it back across the border already?)

Looking forward to seeing it. (Although my dentist says HE has a copy......so maybe I'll just visit him for a "polishing job", and maybe sneak a peak in his office for his copy of Ride Like A Pro!)

To everyone who's been waiting for the weather to warm up so they can get their trusty steeds back on the road (and my understanding is that this may actually include some of you in Florida and Texas......LOL......), have a safe and fun riding season, IF and WHEN it actually arrives!

Michael

Michael:

I'd like to think that it'll make its way up there soon, but I only know where one copy is. Looks like Camos in B.C. is 14th from now - so once it gets to him, you northern folks will have a copy up there. If I can figure out where the other copies are and get them moving then it'll get to you sooner.

If I could do more to help get them moving along I would. :confused24:

My apologies,

Rick

• 2 months later...

Bump - And for those of you that have seen it and sent it on but are still on the list, PLEASE either PM me or post here so I can keep the list up to date. I haven't heard from anyone in a while either in this thread or via a message to know where these videos are actually at.

If you still have it and have had it for a while, lets keep it moving so others can see it too please.

Please remove me from the list. I found out a guy at work had a copy and he lent it to me to view.

Thanks anyway!

Done.

• 1 month later...

Bump - And for those of you that have seen it and sent it on but are still on the list, PLEASE either PM me or post here so I can keep the list up to date. I haven't heard from anyone in a while either in this thread or via a message to know where these videos are actually at.

If you still have it and have had it for a while, lets keep it moving so others can see it too please.

Okay folks, for the last couple of months I have been swamped with work/travel (mostly for work) so I started slacking off on my attempts to locate these videos and keep them moving. But to be quite honest with ya'll, un-answered PMs, e-mails and phone calls weren't helping either. For those of you that got back to me with the information you did have, THANK YOU VERY MUCH, as for the rest of you that I contacted - I am rather disappointed that you could take the time to send me a quick note back.

Regardless, out of respect for the folks that have been on this list for a rediculously long time, patiently waiting to view and pass on as agreed by requesting to be on this list, I would appreciate if whoever currently has copies of these would do the following:

1) First and foremost - POST TO THIS THREAD indicating that you have a copy of the video and when you will be passing it on.

2) Look at the list and figure out if it is accurate as to where you are on it - if not, then in the post that you make for #1, indicate how it ought to be changed.

3) Be considerate and follow these simple guidelines to be fair to everyone else.

What I really hope is that the videos have been making their rounds according to the order listed on this thread and that folks have just not been updating that they have it and have sent it to **whomever you sent it to**, and that we are making our way through it - but don't worry, I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Thanks for your time - thank yous ESPECIALLY to those of you that donated your copy of the video for everyone to learn from :happy65::happy65:

So again, c'mon folks - lets get these moving again.

Okay folks, for the last couple of months I have been swamped with work/travel (mostly for work) so I started slacking off on my attempts to locate these videos and keep them moving. But to be quite honest with ya'll, un-answered PMs, e-mails and phone calls weren't helping either. For those of you that got back to me with the information you did have, THANK YOU VERY MUCH, as for the rest of you that I contacted - I am rather disappointed that you could take the time to send me a quick note back.

Regardless, out of respect for the folks that have been on this list for a rediculously long time, patiently waiting to view and pass on as agreed by requesting to be on this list, I would appreciate if whoever currently has copies of these would do the following:

1) First and foremost - POST TO THIS THREAD indicating that you have a copy of the video and when you will be passing it on.

2) Look at the list and figure out if it is accurate as to where you are on it - if not, then in the post that you make for #1, indicate how it ought to be changed.

3) Be considerate and follow these simple guidelines to be fair to everyone else.

What I really hope is that the videos have been making their rounds according to the order listed on this thread and that folks have just not been updating that they have it and have sent it to **whomever you sent it to**, and that we are making our way through it - but don't worry, I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Thanks for your time - thank yous ESPECIALLY to those of you that donated your copy of the video for everyone to learn from :happy65::happy65:

So again, c'mon folks - lets get these moving again.

You may have to put a short term thread out there to catch everyone's attention and in doing so, direct them back to this thread. There may be others who know their name is on the list as mine is, but haven't looked at this particular thread in a great while. I just assumed whoever had the videos would contact me when it was my turn. I've been on the list since the beginning or close to it and am still patiently waiting. Anyway, thanks for your involvement in all this.

If they are out there...and still circulating, I would certainly love to see one! Please put me on the list.

Done.

You may have to put a short term thread out there to catch everyone's attention and in doing so, direct them back to this thread. There may be others who know their name is on the list as mine is, but haven't looked at this particular thread in a great while. I just assumed whoever had the videos would contact me when it was my turn. I've been on the list since the beginning or close to it and am still patiently waiting.

I had thought about starting another thread, but was a little reluctant because I didn't want to be redundant - but I think it is a good idea.

Hopefully the videos ARE moving along (and it will get to you soon) and people just aren't posting here or letting me know - but :confused24:

Hopefully we'll find out soon.

• 5 months later...

First of all, thank you KiteSquid for taking care of this up to this point, what a terrific idea!!

There are three copies of Ride Like a Pro (RLAP) IV or V DVD's that are free for anybody who wants it for FREE so long as they agree to:

1) NOT copy it and 2) Pass it along for FREE to the next person after a short viewing session ie. 1-2 weeks. The sender pays the postage, NOT the recipient, so no money changes hands -- this ought to keep it legal

NOTE: By requesting to be added to the list you are agreeing to the above simple rules. If you have a problem with this please do not request to be put on the list.

To request to be added or removed to/from the list: Simply post in this thread that you would like to be added or removed and I will take care of it upon my next visit to the thread.

Please DO NOT PM me as you will only be put on the list if you post to this thread.

If you have requested to be added and you were not: Please forgive my mistake and simply let me know and I will add you to the list in the order of which the requests were put in.

One of kitesquid's initial requests were to post something you learned from the video; let's try to keep doing that :happy34:

Some of Kitesquid's original text:

"... I am not connected with RLAP, I just want my fellow bikers to have a long and healthy life on two wheels and anyway that we all can learn to ride safely is a good thing!!!!!!

By the way, if you are tired of waiting, or would like to purchase your own copy please click HERE to order and be sure to ask for your Venture Rider Forum member discount. IIRC it saves you $5. BTW this DVD is worth every penny!!!!!!!..."

The List:

People who originally, freely gave away their copy of RLAP IV or V (Thanks a lot you guys!!):

KiteSquid, Friesman1, jburrell

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Currently HAS a copy:

Bubber Sent to ???? ~ 6 months ago --

--- I think this one has a path of: Bubber -> Jmorrison -> Burgymon

JMorrison ** Going to BurgyMon

indianriverjack -- Belpre OH ** Contacting 1sttenor & Condor***** This one has the path:

Lilbeaver -> VegasVic -> TimGray? --> Kregerdoodle -> Reed --> Indianriverjack --> 1sttenor or Condor

Canada

camos – Saanichton, BC

Semi-Retired - St. Catherines, Ontario

Mover - Stratford, Ontario

Ottawa () - Ottawa, Ontario

Trader - North of Kingston, Ontario

Australia

United States

krome rose ** Reported as no response

BurgyMon ** Confirmation/Will Receive

indianriverjack -- Belpre OH ** Contacting 1sttenor & Condor

1sttenor in Jeff City MO

Condor in Carmichael Ca

fixit3546 in Mechanicsburg (Bentonia) MS

RandyR in Dahlonega GA

GaThumper in Cleveland GA

Blackjack in Snellville GA

Black Owl in Apple Valley MN

eusa1 in Dixon IL

Larry M – Pullman WA

MidlifeVenture – Twinsburg, OH

67mini67 – Cheney, WA

[Jemorrisonjr – New Berlin, WI --- REMOVE FROM LIST LIST, Has already seen/Possibly still has a copy]

Joer – Hudson Oaks, TX

Hunter_1500 – Ferrisburgh, VT

Little Bob – Steven’s Point, WI

camos – Saanichton, BC

Motorcycle Mike – Lawrenceville, GA

midnite – Mc Kenzie, TN

Donde - Rockport, TX

nbowersock - North Ft. Worth, TX

Travelin Man (formerly: Crazy_Frog) - McRae, GA

SylWoody - Talladega, AL

Gdlover - Newton, IA

Dave3 - Fayetteville, GA

Slick97spirit (Ken) - Jackson, MO

Semi-Retired (Mike) - St. Catherines, Ontario

TopV (Joe) - Fall River, MA

ronhenry4 (Ron) - Cincinnati, OH

Scooter45 (Jim) - Redwood Falls, MN

Nemo (Owen) - Council Bluffs, IA

The Black Pearl () - Traverse City, MI

Short-haul () - River Oaks, TX

T hole () - North Liberty, IA

in flagrante () - Rocket City, AL

ccpeso () - South Lyon, MI

rjalamo/1JoeRanger () - Destin, FL

Alybyzee () - Manahawkin, NJ

For the efficient passage of the video how please do the following:

1) Upon receipt of the video, post that you have received it.

2) Initiate communication with the next person on the list (which ought to be included with the video and I will do my best to keep the list updated on here too) **Maybe contact the next 2 or 3 at a time, with the understanding that the list order will be maintained, just in case the first one does not respond

3) Communication with the next person on the list ought to be done via e-mail, PM or telephone call (based on whatever you are comfortable with and what is available in the person's profile).

4) Let us allow 1 week for the person next on the list to respond (which is why initiating the communication immediately would be advised).

5) If no response, move to the next person on the list.

6) When a response is confirmed, post the results so we know where they are at.

7) After viewing the video, post something you learned from it (as per KiteSquid's request), and post when sent to the next person.

MOST IMPORTANTLY:

8) Ride safe

**** Sample message to next person ****:

Howdy:

I have received a copy of "Ride Like a Pro" and you are the next on the list to receive it. (According to the list on: http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=24973&page=22 )

Please respond as to whether you are still interested in viewing the video or not.

I will wait one week before I contact the next person on the list. If someone else commits to it before you do (after the 1 week time has expired) then you will not lose your place on the list, but may not get the video from me ~depending on whether I still have it or not. Just post in the thread (linked to above) that you would still like to view it and you can be next in line to get a copy.

If you do want it, send me the address that you would like it sent to and I will send it first class mail after I am finished with it.

Thanks a lot,

- YOUR NAME HERE

****END sample message****

Thanks ya'll :thumbsup2:

Edited by LilBeaver
updated 27/Apr/11: Added more info to the 'has list' and changed joeranger name, added albyzee

• 2 months later...

Anybody seen a copy of one of these videos lately?

Trying to figure out where these two (or three?) disks currently reside is confusing, to say the least.....so I thought, out of purely selfish interests, I'd figure out where the one that used to be in Canada went.

I went through all the posts (all 340 of them) and determined that the copy that was in Canada back in 2008 was mailed to Australia to a guy named "spear"(Steve Pearson)....(by a guy named Lepapehermann.)

Spear mailed it all the way back to "spankym" (Craig MacFarlane, in Buffalo....wow, what a trip), who posted that he received it on April 28th, 2009.

Craig/spankym is then instructed by KiteSquid in a post dated May 7, 2009 to send his copy to r12guy...which seems a little strange since there is nobody listed with that name anywhere on "The List" (nor does he exist on the membership list now.)

Then, on May 18th, 2009, Craig posts that he "Sent my copy on to r12guy.....hope he enjoys it." (So, apparently there WAS an r12guy back then.)

Then, next day, May 19th, Kitesquid instructs r12guy to send his copy "to Annie in Rockingham, Perth Australia". (Wow....this video would really be racking up frequent flyer miles if it HAD been shipped back to Oz"!)

However, that's the last we ever hear of this copy of the DVD......or r12guy......or Annie.

There is no one listed in the club membership named r12guy.

There is no one listed in the club membership named Annie, in Rockingham, Perth Australia.

So, I guess whoever r12guy is/was, he has our copy of Ride Like a Pro.

Anybody know who he is/was?

Thanks for any helpful detective teamwork!

Mike

Is this still going around? I sure would love to view it. Please add me to the list. Thank you in advance.

Added, hopefully these will be found and get moving again.

Please change rjalamo to 1joeranger.

Done

Anybody seen a copy of one of these videos lately?

I hope that the folks that have them will speak up. I have tried contacting the folks that I THOUGHT have the videos and they had either sent it on to someone else or didn't actually have it. I followed the leads as far as I could and have, unfortunately, been left with nothing. I have tried a few general threads pleading that whoever has it let me know and get it moving again so that it can continue to go around, but, unfortunately I have to say that I am a little pessimistic at this point but will try to contact the folks again to see where they might be.

I will certainly post any new information as to the where abouts as I come across them. If you could do the same either post here, on your other thread on this or PM me so we can get these things moving again.

Thanks for your efforts too.

There are three copies of Ride Like a Pro (RLAP) IV or V DVD's that are free for anybody who wants it for FREE so long as they agree to:

1) NOT copy it and 2) Pass it along for FREE to the next person after a short viewing session ie. 1-2 weeks. The sender pays the postage, NOT the recipient, so no money changes hands -- this ought to keep it legal

NOTE: By requesting to be added to the list you are agreeing to the above simple rules. If you have a problem with this please do not request to be put on the list.

To request to be added or removed to/from the list: Simply post in this thread that you would like to be added or removed and I will take care of it upon my next visit to the thread.

Please DO NOT PM me as you will only be put on the list if you post to this thread.

If you have requested to be added and you were not: Please forgive my mistake and simply let me know and I will add you to the list in the order of which the requests were put in.

One of kitesquid's initial requests were to post something you learned from the video; let's try to keep doing that :happy34:

"... I am not connected with RLAP, I just want my fellow bikers to have a long and healthy life on two wheels and anyway that we all can learn to ride safely is a good thing!!!!!!

By the way, if you are tired of waiting, or would like to purchase your own copy please click HERE to order and be sure to ask for your Venture Rider Forum member discount. IIRC it saves you $5. BTW this DVD is worth every penny!!!!!!!..."

The List:

People who originally, freely gave away their copy of RLAP IV or V (Thanks a lot you guys!!):

Info on Location of DVDs:

Copy #1:

Bubber -> Jmorrison -> Burgymon --> ?????

Last known 28/Nov/09: http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showpost.php?p=411893&postcount=289

SENT to BurgyMon

Copy #2:

indianriverjack -- Belpre OH ** Contacting 1sttenor & Condor***** This one has the path:

Lilbeaver -> VegasVic -> TimGray --> Kregerdoodle -> Reed --> Indianriverjack --> 1sttenor or Condor

Last reported on 6/Apr/10: http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showpost.php?p=458078&postcount=324

Private communication (27/Apr/11) confirms Condor has not received video nor heard anything regarding it. Sadly, it appears that 1sttenor is no longer around.

Copy #3 (Thanks to the time and effort put in by 'Semi-Retired')

Spear -> Spankym (Craig M. - Buffalo) [rec. 28/apr/09]; instructed to send to r12guy on 7/May/09; reported as Sent to r12guy 18/May/2009 --> 19/May/09 instructed r12guy to send copy to "Annie in Rockinham, Perth Australia"

No further info. Either "R12guy" or "Annie_In rockingham, Perth Austrailia" has/had this

*** 27/Apr/11: E-mail sent to R12guy, awaiting response.

------

Canada

camos – Saanichton, BC

Australia

United States

krome rose ** Reported as no response

BurgyMon ** Confirmation/Will Receive

indianriverjack -- Belpre OH ** Contacting 1sttenor & Condor

1sttenor in Jeff City MO

Condor in Carmichael Ca

RandyR in Dahlonega GA

eusa1 in Dixon IL

Larry M – Pullman WA

67mini67 – Cheney, WA

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Joer – Hudson Oaks, TX (No longer a member)

camos – Saanichton, BC

midnite – Mc Kenzie, TN (last visit 24/March/11: Still supporting member)

Donde - Rockport, TX (Last visit 26/Dec/10 - Still supporting member)

SylWoody - Talladega, AL

Gdlover - Newton, IA

Dave3 - Fayetteville, GA

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ronhenry4 (Ron) - Cincinnati, OH (No longer a member?!?)

The Black Pearl (Anthony) - Traverse City, MI

Short-haul (Daniel) - River Oaks, TX

T hole (John) - North Liberty, IA

Ottawa (Ryan) - Ottawa, Ontario

in flagrante () - Rocket City, AL (Trial Member?)

ccpeso (Dennis) - South Lyon, MI

rjalamo/1JoeRanger (Ray) - Destin, FL

Alybyzee (Alby) - Manahawkin, NJ

2) Initiate communication with the next person on the list (which ought to be included with the video and I will do my best to keep the list updated on here too) **Maybe contact the next 2 or 3 at a time, with the understanding that the list order will be maintained, just in case the first one does not respond

3) Communication with the next person on the list ought to be done via e-mail, PM or telephone call (based on whatever you are comfortable with and what is available in the person's profile).

4) Let us allow 1 week for the person next on the list to respond (which is why initiating the communication immediately would be advised).

7) After viewing the video, post something you learned from it (as per KiteSquid's request), and post when sent to the next person.

MOST IMPORTANTLY:

8) Ride safe

Howdy:

I have received a copy of "Ride Like a Pro" and you are the next on the list to receive it. (According to the list on: http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=24973&page=22 )

Please respond as to whether you are still interested in viewing the video or not.

I will wait one week before I contact the next person on the list. If someone else commits to it before you do (after the 1 week time has expired) then you will not lose your place on the list, but may not get the video from me ~depending on whether I still have it or not. Just post in the thread (linked to above) that you would still like to view it and you can be next in line to get a copy.

If you do want it, send me the address that you would like it sent to and I will send it first class mail after I am finished with it.

Thanks a lot,

- YOUR NAME HERE

Edited by LilBeaver

• 1 month later...

1) NOT copy it and 2) Pass it along for FREE to the next person after a short viewing session ie. ~1 week. The sender pays the postage, NOT the recipient, so no money changes hands.

Please DO NOT PM me your request to be added or removed as you will only be put on the list if you post to this thread - this way there is a clear and unambiguous record of where you ought to go on the list.

If you have requested to be added and you were not: Please forgive my mistake and simply let me know (a PM for this is fine) and I will add you to the list in the order of which the requests were put in with respect to the content in the thread.

The List:

Info on Location of DVDs:

Copy #1:

Bubber -> Jmorrison -> Burgymon --> ?????

Last known 28/Nov/09: http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showpost.php?p=411893&postcount=289

SENT to BurgyMon

Copy #2:

Lilbeaver -> VegasVic -> TimGray --> Kregerdoodle -> Reed --> Indianriverjack --> 1sttenor --> Freebird

Copy #3 (Thanks to the time and effort put in by 'Semi-Retired')

Spear -> Spankym (Craig M. - Buffalo) [rec. 28/apr/09]; instructed to send to r12guy on 7/May/09; reported as Sent to r12guy 18/May/2009 --> 19/May/09 instructed r12guy to send copy to "Annie in Rockinham, Perth Australia"

No further info. Either "R12guy" or "Annie_In rockingham, Perth Austrailia" has/had this

*** 27/Apr/11: E-mail sent to R12guy, awaiting response.

------

Canada

camos – Saanichton, BC

United States

Condor in Carmichael Ca

RandyR in Dahlonega GA

eusa1 in Dixon IL

Larry M – Pullman WA

67mini67 – Cheney, WA

camos – Saanichton, BC

SylWoody - Talladega, AL

Gdlover - Newton, IA

Dave3 - Fayetteville, GA

The Black Pearl (Anthony) - Traverse City, MI

Short-haul (Daniel) - River Oaks, TX

T hole (John) - North Liberty, IA

Ottawa (Ryan) - Ottawa, Ontario

in flagrante () - Rocket City, AL (Trial Member?)

ccpeso (Dennis) - South Lyon, MI

rjalamo/1JoeRanger (Ray) - Destin, FL

Alybyzee (Alby) - Manahawkin, NJ

4) Let us allow 1 week for the person next on the list to respond (which is why initiating the communication immediately would be advised or contacting 2 or 3 at a time would be efficient).

7) After viewing the video, post something you learned from it (as per KiteSquid's request)

8) Post WHEN sent to the next person - also report the screen-name of the individual sent to.

MOST IMPORTANTLY, as always:

9) Ride safe

Howdy:

Please respond as to whether or not you are still interested in viewing the video.

If you do want it, send me the address that you would like it sent to and I will send it first class mail after I am finished with it. If you do not want it, please post on the original thread so that you name can be removed from the list.

Thanks a lot,

- YOUR NAME HERE

There are three copies of Ride Like a Pro (RLAP) IV or V

Canada

camos – Saanichton, BC

United States

Condor in Carmichael Ca

RandyR in Dahlonega GA

eusa1 in Dixon IL

Larry M – Pullman WA

67mini67 – Cheney, WA

camos – Saanichton, BC

SylWoody - Talladega, AL

Gdlover - Newton, IA

Dave3 - Fayetteville, GA

Hi, Rick.

I recently borrowed my Dentist's copy of Ride Like A Pro. I was surprised (although in hindsight, I don't know why) to see that the RLAP program is almost identical in content to the (American) National Safety Council's motorcycle rider instruction program. (Either the cops used the NSC program to teach their "motormen"....or the NSC "borrowed" the instructional techniques developed by the coppers.....I don't know which.)

I teach the Canadian version of this three day course at Niagara College near Niagara Falls, Ontario. It is very comprehensive, worth it's weight/cost in gold (read: saved lives and accident bills) and provides the live, hands-on instruction that Ride Like a Pro or any other video could never offer.

So, my personal advice to anyone who's been waiting for months to receive this video is, don't get all excited that it's not coming fast enough. If you took the NSC course.....you've already not only SEEN the video......you've LIVED it!

Ride safely, guys!

Michael

P.S. So Rick......I think you can safely remove me from the list, thanks.