IGNORED

Trailer hitches and trailers

I am looking into buying a trailer for my 2005 RSV. I am wondering about the difference in towing agility between the one wheel (like the N line) or a traditional 2 wheel trailer. Also any recomendations about hitches and difficulty installing them. Thanks

I've got the Cyclemate Zephyr and love it. Pulls great and holds a lot!!! I've never used a swivel hitch and have never had a trailer leaning as far as I know and that's going through back roads in Kentucky and West Virginia. I'm sure the swivel has got to help a little and I might look into it.

Eddie

I am looking into buying a trailer for my 2005 RSV. I am wondering about the difference in towing agility between the one wheel (like the N line) or a traditional 2 wheel trailer. Also any recomendations about hitches and difficulty installing them. Thanks

The single wheel uni-go trailer is great, don't have one but know people that do, is not noticeable even behind a 750 sport touring bike..

ups: small, light, fits through a door so can be stored in a hotel room

downs: small, not much room, expensive..

Btu iff I were to get one the uni-go would be what I would get.

but for price the Pigger backers are great too, tow fine, friend at work has one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PIGGY-BACKER-MOTORCYCLE-CARGO-TRAILER-PIGGYBACKER_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35557QQihZ001QQitemZ110268859927QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Ken, im in the process of building my second Harbor Freight trailer. The first one pulled just fine. The only difference this time is that im going with an 8" wheel over the 12 and im narrowing the frame. Using an 18 CF car topper too. Now, you can spend anywhere from 400.00 to 7000.00 for a trailer. It all depends on what you are looking for and how much time you spend on the road.

As far as hitches go I use a venturedad hitch, 4 bolts and its installed. It replaces the rear cross bar under the rear fender.

www.venturedad.com

I have never had a tilting issue with a standard ball hitch. I dropped my bike once with the trailer attatched and there was no issue at all.

attachment.php?attachmentid=13105&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1193624040

I pulled this with my Valk, (as you can see), but I didn't even know it was there. I took a 48" trailer and cut it down to 40" wide and extended the tow bar to improve handling. It's for sale right now because I'm thinking about a tent trailer...

http://www3.telus.net/drbar/pics/Bike%20and%20trailer.jpg