IGNORED

Ball studs

Black Owl

Russ, the studs arrived this afternoon. Many Thanks..........:happy34:

Same here. mine arrived in today's mail also. Thanks so much. I got these as spares in case any break off in the future. One of my covers has one missing but I thought I had an extra set of covers put back that I bought a couple of years ago. They look almost new and I got them for a good price. I got them out today and instead of being a set they are both left side covers so it looks like I'm going to be using one of those studs real soon. Thanks again Russ.

Dick

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Who, or what, is " OWL "

This is a picture of a Mr. Owl losing a tail feather at potato creek by another free living bird of prey. Where oh where can those tail feather be? How much of the road have they seen since that day? Better to be riding the wind than ranger roving, right Russ? You'll probably have a Zen experience if you ever get your hands on it again.:D

Edited by mraf
wrong picture, oops

• 6 years later...

serendipity

n 1: good luck in making unexpected and fortunate discoveries

Found a source for replacement ball studs in an odd place. After removing clouded headlight assemblies from our 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee I noticed that the ball studs that hold it in place had a Torx T20 socket . There are three studs to an assembly screwed into the plastic shell. Each stud has a plastic washer at it's base and the deep spiral thread is 5/8" long. So clean up the area where plastic stud broke off on side cover, spot and drill hole and screw in new stud. In some locations screw length will be to long so gring off to suit. Final step fill the area below the stud with epoxy mix or putty to reinforce thin plastic box. Check with Jeep dealers, independent repair shops and salvage yards as these headlight assemblies are a common replacement when the clear plastic lens clouds up. A dab of "O" ring lube on the stud will ease installation and the repair looks and works as good as new.