IGNORED

Throttle cable fitting.

Hi all, could someone explain how to fit the throttle cables properly to the XVZ1200 Venture royal? I bought my bike in bits and have just had a new set of cables to fit but cant, once you try fitting them to the throttle cable assembly there's no room to play?

No, we can't help you... you've been a bad boy buying that innocent parts bike and actually trying to put her back together and on the road... (evil grin!).

Lube the pulley and always test the cable pull/pull so you don't get binding or have to go in there again.

http://bergall.org/temp/venture/throttlecable.jpg

Hi all, could someone explain how to fit the throttle cables properly to the XVZ1200 Venture royal? I bought my bike in bits and have just had a new set of cables to fit but cant, once you try fitting them to the throttle cable assembly there's no room to play?

I'm not sure which of the four cables, you are changing (upper or lower). But remember there is a cable connection block on the left side. The inner & outer left fairing, needed to be off to get at it, due to it's location.

:080402gudl_prv:

The pull cable goes to the far left of the carb and the return cable goes to the 'inside' of the carb. The pull cable goes to the inside of the rod with the little white plastic bushing so it doesn't rub.

We can give you more help, just let us know what it is your stuck on.

What year 1stgen do you have?? I couldn't find any information in your CP file. And do you have cruise control or not?? '83's have more of a sleeve affair then the bigger round connector. To get the ends into the carb assembly the carbs need to be off the bike. Loosen the adjusters at the grip as much as you can, and hook the cable ends into the carb cams....then slip the cable into the end cups using the slot in the side. Re-adjust the cables. If you don't take the carbs off you'll drive yourself nuts.....

Hi all, I've managed to fit the throttle cable assembly, my bike didn't have one at all, and it was missing a cable on the throttle as well, the one that screws in. Anyway, the throttle's really tight at the mo, I did like Mike said and greased all the cables but to no avail? The cables from the throttle to the box are such a tight fit you wouldn't believe, are they supposed to be like this?My bikes an 1984 Venture Royal, I started her up yesterday today Mike, sounds really quiet with the new exhaust, sweet:cool10:

No, we can't help you... you've been a bad boy buying that innocent parts bike and actually trying to put her back together and on the road... (evil grin!).

Lube the pulley and always test the cable pull/pull so you don't get binding or have to go in there again.

http://bergall.org/temp/venture/throttlecable.jpg

I believe this may be a newer MK11 throttle cable hookup, as my MK1 has a long rectangular block, not a rotary. Cables come off the throttle (outside of the handlebar groove), around the front of the neck behind the air crossover hose, thru the oval cable hoop on the left side of the frame, then into the rectangular slider and then to the carbs. Hope this is what you were looking for.

Dan

Everybody secretly wishes they could rebuild and ride a MK1, only a few of us get to experience it!!! Good luck, you can do it!!