IGNORED

what they say is true

venturejockey

Its not if you have an accident but when.

After 38 years of riding without an accident I lost control on a slow left hander dragging the boards then the crash bars and saddlebag rails. I thought I could save it right up until we went off onto the shoulder of the road and down we went. My daughter was totally uninjured she just popped up on her feet. Unfortunately I fractured my left clavical and a rib. The rib is much more painful than the collarbone. I can't do squat.

The bike only has cosmetic stuff. Although I may have trouble finding plastic for my MM model.

Oh well live and hopefully learn.

Eric, sorry to hear about your accident...we all think it will happen to the other guy, don't we? It's good your daughter was unhurt as I'm sure that would have been much more painful than your broken bones. Heal quick and get back out there. My best to you.

Jim T

They say there there are rider's who have been down and rider's who WILL go down. Apparently, some think that anybody who rides a lot will do so sooner or later. I really don't know that I believe that but I've been down a few times and can't say that I have ever enjoyed it. Any crash that you can walk away from is a good one though and I'm just thankful that you weren't hurt even worse and very thankful that your daughter was not hurt. I'll also keep my eyes open for parts for that MM. You are right, they aren't often seen on Ebay.

Glad to hear you are both ok, one of my worst fears is someone crashing into me and seriously hurting my daughter, I am always extra careful when she is on the back. Good luck getting the bike fixed up. Craig

Glad to hear you and your daughter are OK..As I read it I was visualizing what Lowell (WildHair39) was telling me the other day as we talked about the way I use to ride and the way I ride now,more conservative,He says all he can think about when he is out riding and starts eating the corners is "It sure is a long way home if I go down!" Boy do I keep that in my head! Anyway Glad you are OK!! Tom

Thanks for the comments. I'm back at work today, moving a little slow but I'm sure I will heal up and the bike is easily fixable. Best think is my daughter didn't get hurt. She's been really sweet by saving me trips to the refrigerator.:thumbsup2:

My wife, the best, has been really sweet too I think she's just waiting until I'm well so she can kill me.:rotf:

Yipes! I have not been down on the pavement. I did all my wrecking racing off road in my younger (stupider) days! Glad the daughter is ok and you were not out of work for a prolonged period of time.

Oh... those ribs will hurt less if you don't laugh!.... lift, breath, walk, swallow, sit, think.... etc.....

I'm sorry to hear that you went down, but am very glad that your daughter didn't get hurt.

My wife, the best, has been really sweet too I think she's just waiting until I'm well so she can kill me.:rotf:

Now that is funny. (and just might be true):080402gudl_prv:

Steve

I've been there, know how it feels. Hopefully you won't have a panic attack when you start riding again. I did, and man it was hard getting back into the swing of it.

minor accidents seem to go with the territory. Almost everyone eventually has a tipover or lowside. Even when the bones break, they make for great conversation pieces later on, after the wife fixes your duff ya, LOL.

Very glad to hear you and daughter are OK.

We all need to remember.....an accident can happen any time...........hence the name.

I know most times we do avoid trouble and riding styles do help but.............................an accident can happen any time!

When I was rear ended on my MM there was no problem getting the replacement parts (rear fender and left saddle bag). If looking for used best bet is to buy whatever color you can an repaint I would think. Good luck and heal fast. Rod

Guest Ken8143

So sorry to hear about your "incident." So glad no one was seriously injured. Man, this stuff happens so fast at the most awkward times...

Sorry to hear you went down . I ride with my daughter all the time and going down with her on the back is always a worry. The day I did go down I was glad it was the day my daughter was not with me. On that note I am glad your daughter walked away from it. and hope you heal up quick.