IGNORED

painting a piggy backer ?

Thom

i am getting my new piggy backer thurs. i would like to paint it before i put it together the same color as my vr , has anybody painted one before ? did the paint stick ? what kind of primer did you use ?

Thom

I painted my new piggy backer with plain old aerosol cans, but had a problem with the factory paint lifting in spots, kind of like when you paint laquer over enamal. I didn't prime or seal, so maybe you should shoot the surface with a primer/sealer first...

When I did some paint work on my bike I used a paint cleaner to remove all the dirt and oil from the surfaces and then I used a special adhesion spray for plastic to treat the surface before applying the paint. It's been more than a year and no problems. I've been considering adding a matching gold strip to my piggy backer this year.

Dave

Guest Old man Wood

I would give them a holler at Piggy Backer. I just bought my Piggy XL and hauled it back to Canada behind my new Venture from Florida. Great people to talk to and always ready to help or make suggestions. You wont be disapponted. Hauled great, no sway or jerking or bouncing. Enjoy

Woody

I would give them a holler at Piggy Backer. I just bought my Piggy XL and hauled it back to Canada behind my new Venture from Florida. Great people to talk to and always ready to help or make suggestions. You wont be disapponted. Hauled great, no sway or jerking or bouncing. Enjoy

Woody

Agree great people to deal with.

i got it all put together and wow ! i am not goin to paint rite now , its to pretty to paint , i'll wait untill it needs a paint job . it pulled real funcky at 1st but i dropped the tire pres. down to 40 lbs. but i tryed to lean over the bike it tryed to hold me up rite , real funny feeling at 55 mph , backed off the coupler nut 2 1/2 turns , prefect !! put in 150 lbs in it and rode to Daytona at a high rate of speed , in and out of traffic , lov it !!! i need to carpet the inside and put a swivel hitch on it and some more led lites higher up on the box , but for all the money i saved on it i can afford alot of toys for it .

Thom:thumbsup:

Guest mrwhiskers

hi from mr whiskers try your local truck stop you will be surprised at what you can find , here in jackson ms. advanced auto is the chepest to try but as they say you get what you pay for . sorry i don't have any pictures but mine lights up like a cristmas tree . good luck & better riding !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:225: whdickson2727@comcast.net