IGNORED

I finally got to ride today.

Steve S

After 9 months of recovery from an extensive back surgery and several weeks of moving into a new home, I finally got a chance to ride my Venture today. I am still having some issues with lifting my right leg, but I climbed on the Venture and made the 5 mile ride to our new home. Thinking about getting my bro in law to ride with me tomorrow afternoon. I feel I really need to get away from the house so my wife can have some quiet time without me bugging her about where she has put everything that was in a different place in the other house. 😁 At least that is the story I am going to use after lunch tomorrow.  😇

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Steve S said:

After 9 months of recovery from an extensive back surgery and several weeks of moving into a new home, I finally got a chance to ride my Venture today. I am still having some issues with lifting my right leg, but I climbed on the Venture and made the 5 mile ride to our new home. Thinking about getting my bro in law to ride with me tomorrow afternoon. I feel I really need to get away from the house so my wife can have some quiet time without me bugging her about where she has put everything that was in a different place in the other house. 😁 At least that is the story I am going to use after lunch tomorrow.  😇

That should work!

• Like 1

@Steve S Glad to hear you were able to ride.  That is a start.  Baby steps...5 miles will turn into 10 miles then to 50 miles and so on.  On this end, I've been riding a lot and leaving my truck and van parked at the house.  

You also did what I used to do in the past and I let my wife do the organizing around the house, etc.  This way she is happy the way she wants it and I get to do what I love to do in the garage, etc.  Ride safe.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RDawson said:

Congrats on the return. They opened me up Wednesday, sent me home Friday. My bike is on a stand winterized for the first time ever. 

Now that you winterized your bike, I think this winter will be warmer than usual. lol   Heal fast and get back to riding soon.  Regards.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, N3FOL said:

Now that you winterized your bike, I think this winter will be warmer than usual. lol   Heal fast and get back to riding soon.  Regards.

Probably so. I’ve been putting it off for several years, doc really wanted to do it last February.  No way I was letting him kill my spring n summer riding and fishing. Maybe it’ll be just cold enough I won’t want to be out anyway. 

• Like 1