IGNORED

Crank but no start

Hi I have 3 2001 rsv 1300s 1 runs 1 is for parts and the other one doesn't run and that's what I'm here to ask about . I bought thr bike it has 76k miles I knew it was either not getting any fuel or spark brought it home ( I have the repair manual btw) and pulled all the bs off I did spark test and nothing I followed the procedures exactly like the book said and still no spark the book said it's the ignition igniter (cdi) no big deal the parts bike has one took the suspect one out and swapped it still no spark I haven't physically checked the coils yet as I figured it would be highly unlikely all four coils went bad at the same time the previous owner said he put a need stainless clutch cable on it and had to take the side of the case off the bike and put it back together instead of a gasket he used rtv now if your looking at the driver side of the motor there are 2 small gears in the top left hand corner he was concerned he didn't get them in there right but if he didn't it would crank at all right? I've checked all the safety switches and nothing is malfunctioning battery voltage is good even when I hit the start button it doesn't drop below 10 and even though he replaced that cable and had the case open no one has ever been into the cdi or anything there was so much dirt and dust it was crazy so not really sure what he could have did to **** the spark up it was running before he put that xable on like I said all I have left to do is replace the coils and then that is everything checked and it  cranks but doesn't start what am I missing or what is wrong thank you in advance I apologize for the lack of Grammar and spelling errors 

Pull tank and seats. Trace your wiring back towards the switch.  The 2nd gen had some issue with connectors and wiring.  Also the internal contact in switch itself burned.