IGNORED

Hurricane Milton

bpate4home

Hurricane Milton is heading for the Tampa Bay area. While the Tampa area did not suffer the level of destruction from Helene as others this will be a cat 3 storm when it hits.  There is still a lot of debris lined up in the streets they are trying to get hauled away before it becomes projectiles in this storm. they are already saturated from continuing rains the last week or so. Flooding will be a major issue alone with the 115 - 125 mph winds. Mandatory evacuations have been issued for many counties along the Gulf coast. Tampa Bay has not seen a major storm since 1921, some say it's because of a blessing by Indian Tribes on local burial sites. Milton is going to affect the entire state in some form. We hope everyone stays safe as Milton hits/crosses the state. 

image.png.8e6d825ab3e278093d5f566d3b6c39d0.png

• Like 1

Floridians along the path of the Hurricane are currently evacuating as we speak.  This not only puts fear to those affected it also disrupts daily life activities.  Hang in there, Florida.  Prayers and safety to all!

• Like 1

I lived in Homosassa, FL north of Tampa for a year when I worked contract at the Crystal River Nuclear Power Plant.  I really liked that area and would be happy living there.  But, it appears that area is going to get a 10 foot surge from this storm that could flood the whole area. 

• Like 2