IGNORED

Said I wouldn't...but I did..

Freebird

After debating for some time, I finally traded my 2022 Tacoma TRD Off Road yesterday for a new 2024 TRD Off Road.  I've liked them ever since they. came out but have resisted the urge due primarily because of the new motor.  My. 22 had the old tried and true 6 cylinder and this one has the new turbo charged 4 cylinder.  Just as much power and a bit more torque.  Definitely smoother, quieter, and more responsive but only time can answer the questions of longevity and durability.  My old one was loaded and this one is even more loaded.  GIANT 14" screen, wireless Apple and Android CarPlay, moonroof, heated and cooled seats, about every safety feature imaginable.  Now to hope it is problem free.  

BBE78A3F-8D14-4741-A95F-B35162B742A0.jpg

C46AE648-94D6-4885-A8BC-814EAD647D20.jpg

422DC036-5F0A-4D62-946B-5A900DD74040.jpg

710778CC-804B-480E-87DE-12C645CA4B55.jpg

• Like 3

I hope so too.  Reports have been pretty good.  It has the new 8 speed transmission and some people have had problems with it.  They are replacing transmissions in some of them.   It was caused by debri left in the housing during the manufactumng process.  I. checked the serial number against the technical service bulletin and this one was built long after those so hopefully it will be good to go.  

Congratulations on your new Taco.  I have a 21 OR and still love it.  You should have no problems with the engine.  It has been great so far, from what I've heard from other Taco owners.  

• Thanks 1

Congratulations on the new truck.  We older guys take a little more time to embrace the new turbo charged engines.

My son rented a RAM Rebel with the new "Hurricane" 3.0 L turbo in line six cylinder 420hp engine while he is in NC helping out his family in the mountains.  He loves it.  Says it had plenty of power.  

I still have my 2014 Ram 2500, thinking it will be the last truck I will ever need. I hate shopping for new vehicles. The last one I bought, a 2019 Mazda 5, I did over the phone,  never even went to look at it.

2 hours ago, Marcarl said:

I still have my 2014 Ram 2500, thinking it will be the last truck I will ever need. I hate shopping for new vehicles. The last one I bought, a 2019 Mazda 5, I did over the phone,  never even went to look at it.

I did the same thing when we were shopping for a minivan.  I liked doing it over the phone, because it did save me a lot of time and effort compared to sitting at the dealership.  I at least test drove it before I agreed with the financials.  To me shopping for a new vehicle is really fun, until you have to start paying for your monthly payments.  :classic_biggrin:

I had a 2002 F150 (14 years) and a 2005 Dodge Magnum (17 years) until last year when I had a temporary lapse of sanity and bought a new 2023 Nissan Titan Pro4X.  Being 79 at that time I didn't think I would be buying any more vehicles but.....   It only took a half day to sell the Magnum and 3 days to sell the F150 so I lucked out there.  I have to admit I'm loving the new truck with all its options I never thought I needed such as interactive cruise control, blind spot warning, Apple car play, and the 360 camera system.  And it has the best stereo I've ever had in a vehicle.   Waste the kids inheritance!

• Thanks 1