IGNORED

Praying for all of those impacted by the hurricane.

etcswjoe

Sending out prayers and hope all that were impacted are safe and dry. I spent the weekend in Southwest Va and the amount of destruction in the mountains from the hurricane is mind boggling. The Asheville east KOA we stayed in back in August is in Swannanoa is pretty much washed away along with most of the town.  This storm made a big swath from the Big Bend of Florida all the way to the mountains. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

We’re in Gainesville, Fl at our daughter’s house. Luckily the bad stuff went all around us. Lots of tree damage/power outages around here but nothing catastrophic. We got more rain and damage from it back home in KY than my daughter’s townhouse complex got. The damage both North and South of us is unreal. Now they’re watching another disturbance forming in the same area Helene formed. It’s possible for another hit next week. I can’t imagine the destruction if it follows the same path. 

• Like 1

I saw video today of Gregg Biffle flying over Swannanoa, Black Mountain, and the KOA we were at last month for the Asheville Rally. Unreal!!!! The people still trapped in the mountains without supplies, water, medications, is heartbreaking. 

Kris was reading yesterday that the Red Cross was trying stop private aid in the form of food and water from being provided. She also read that FEMA has not responded in any way yet. Though that may be because, evidently, the governors involved had not declared a state of emergency at that point. ??? 

SMH.  How long does it take to declare a state of emergency?  It is very sad to hear the loss of life and many more unaccounted for.  Property damage and economic impact will be in the billions.  I should stop thinking about it, because it is depressing.