IGNORED

Bulb burnout

sleepy2

Was out for ride last night and when pulling up to store front windows noticed left turn/marker light wasn't working. Turn signal did work so when I got home I tried to get bulb out but not enough strength in fingers to push up and turn bulb to get out! Going to get son to get it out for me. Went to dealer and there were 2 part numbers ( which I think it was for either clear or orange bulb)they had clear Yamaha bulb at $8.50 +taxcan but no orange. They had an aftermarket orange they said would work so I bought it for $4can+tax. Will change when he gets here! Probably don't need to change as passing lights would be enough to show width of bike but I like to have things working!

• Like 2

Tried bulb dealer sold me(2 ears) but when I finally got old bulb out it wasn't the same (told him it probably has 3 ears that hold it in)like I told him. Went back to return it and order the right one and girl says "that's a different price!" So I asked how much? $17can with tax!! Should be in next week!20240927_193645.thumb.jpg.96332a3bd6a65fa335fb5c17a272bdb5.jpg20240927_193630.thumb.jpg.b6e1e9fccf86eda1eb60dd604e32b6a8.jpg

I think you could have gotten that at any auto parts store, Canadian Tire, or even Walmart..   Just a standard automotive bulb 1157 yellow bulb. Has turn signal and running light in the same bulb with 2 filaments.

Rick F.

@cimmer sorry pictures didn't show properly as I have tried Canadian Tire but they are   not  standard 1157 bulbs! 1157 bulb only have 2 pins on opposite sides while  Yamaha bulb has 3 pins around with 1 slightly off to lock bulb in base of holder. Tried other jobers and same, told me it's a dealer part! 

• Like 2

Those bulbs are not really the easiest to remove, because it has rubber insulation around the base of the lamps.  The last time I did it was when I upgraded to LED and I think I've used needle nose pliers to help my fingers to push up and twist.  FWIW, I picked up my LED bulbs from this business.  Custom Dynamics

@cimmer no problem, should have had wife hold bulb so I could have taken a better picture.

Still waiting for dealer to call!   Yes the rubber around bulb is a pain! took me a bit to remove,  now it is a real pain to get lined up to get bulb back in,I don't think the old bulb is quite in right but still works on signal. Will worry about it when I get new bulb then will make sure it goes in rite! Hard to tell when pins are lined up!

Stopped off at dealer today to see if bulb came in as they were supposed to call me when it came in  BUT as usual they didn't! They found it in THEIR parts and brought it out to me. Standard bulb to them(but can only get it thru them) guess they figured they had a spare until I showed up. Took a look at it before he got it back into box and noticed it only had 2 pins on it(in same position as mine looked,will see tomorrow)  that's when he called it a standard bulb,I told him mine had 3 pins but he just told me they are only for position and should work, guess I will have to take apart and see! Better - cost me $17can.