IGNORED

Newby needs advice

Look on marketplace before you make an offer. A lot depends on whether you’re looking for a project or a bike to ride. I know it’s near no miles but low mileage 1st gen MKII (86-93)  bikes are pretty available below 2k running. MKI’s have their following and are  worth whatever you’re comfortable spending, MKII’s don’t have the 2nd gear or frame issues of the MKI. Both are an absolute blast to ride. 

Yeah, good info, I have mostly considered this and either option has their pros and cons. I could see dropping $600-700 +/- bucks into parts for this bike. Basically, any rubber part get replaced, end to end and I don't mind doing the work (great way to know your ride). 

But yes, Gen-II Royals would have their advantage...

Can someone measure the width of the front fairing at it's widest point. I want to see if I can get thru a standard 3-0 doorway. I assume the mirrors would fold out the way making the corners of the front fairing at the direction bumps the widest up front.

Then in the rear it looks like crash bars for the saddle bags(?).

I have an 89 VR and I measured about 33 inches at the widest part of the fairing and 38 inches for the mirrors in their normal position.  The clutch and front brake levers are about 36" wide on my bike also.  Now I have different crash bars then the 83-85 Ventures do and I measure mine to be around 36" also. Your might be not as wide. I think with a little work you could get it thru the door..

Let us know if it does please.

Rick F.

I tried communicating to the seller about how to get a real good measurement on the crash bars by using a framing square and marking the pavement, because he gave me about, guesstimate numbers. I think he's just trying to eye ball it from above the seat.

But alas, I hope a first gener will respond...