IGNORED

Good Morning/Good Afternoon/Good Evening

N3FOL

Good evening to all!  We might stock up on certain basic necessities and daily supplies this coming weekend.  Who knows how long 'this strike' (Dock workers) will last.  I just want to be ready and pay lower prices before prices skyrocket through the roof.  I am not trying to incite any type of panic buying, but this is something I've been thinking about over the past few days.

Thank the Lord.  It is a 'Temporary Tentative Deal'.  I guess I will not be stacking up for now.  That is now on hold.  lol

Now people are talking about the loss of economic business over the past 4 days, which is in the billions.  At least we won't run out of bananas.  

Good Morning to all! :97:

• Like 1

Several things to point out.

A 62% pay hike over 6 years. That's more than 10% each year.  I have a friend whose son works at the docks in Houston.  He said he already makes well over 100K per year with OT. Using 100K as a starting point in 6 years with OT that would put him very close to if not over 200K per year. The Union leader trying to negotiate that made 900K last year. These types of increase will 100% be passed on to the consumer. Heck if I were 20 or so years younger, I would have crossed that picket line for those numbers. 

The only thing that will help stem these increases would be automation. Which the union is trying to block 100%.

Some of the changes I've read about pensions are really up there too. Some wanted retirement available at 55 to pull from the pensions at 80% of their final 4 years of pay averaged out. 

As you can tell I am not a fan of unions. For what they did to my dad as well as to me. Myself I was associated to a union for all of 3 weeks when I was too stupid to know better. 

• Sad 1

You can call it Union Greed or Corporate Greed.  Unfortunately, I am on the loosing end of deal as a consumer.   Glad this ended quickly temporarily until Jan. 15, 2025.  I guess I don't have to freeze bananas for now.  

• Like 1

Good 'Monday' Morning.  Enjoy the weather week.  Cooler temps in place in our area.  SE Pa.  

I am praying for safety to all the folks in Florida that is once again facing yet another Hurricane.  Stay Safe.  

Good Afternoon to All!  Another ride day to and from work.  Taking advantage of the nice weather in our area.  When I say this, I feel real sad thinking about the situation in Florida and the impending Hurricane.  The worst is yet to come tonight for them.  At least my Aunt and cousins from Sarasota had left the area to safer territory.  Hang in there Florida.  

If you are riding.  Ride Safe.

• Like 1

Good Afternoon to all.  Hope everyone is having a good Thursday afternoon.   Well this morning, I started the SVTC and it didn’t sound good at all.  It almost did not start.  It has a 4 year old battery in it so for my peace of mind…I decided to get her a new one.  It has a 2 year warranty good for 4 or 5 years.   Nice chilly ride, but the heat felt good.   
IMG_0975.thumb.jpeg.bb9dd936af2496e5b90fc8494309d661.jpeg

• Like 2

Good Evening to all!  It was quite windy today, but temperature hovered around the 50's.  Cool morning rides and it is time to take out the chaps.  Heat is a must have throughout the week ride to and from work.  

@etcswjoe Hopefully you can revive that beautiful '99.  Those bikes don't like to sit too long in the garage.  

Temp today was 9c(48f) today when I went out for a 175klm(108mi) ride today. Stopped off to visit with @Marcarl while I was out but only stayed for about 20min as he had to go get some parts to fix his furnace in the shop. Same place I just came from(spent $80)Princess Auto! Left around 9am and got home around 7pm ! Went back to trying to get my new to me 1970's Sears SS16hp lawn tractor started. Fired up the other day then stopped. Turned key and got silence ,no clicking of solenoid or anything! Took all wire connections of and cleaned them,remounted solenoid after cleaning and testing but ran out of time and will finish trying tomorrow!

20230911_200057.jpg

• Like 1

We had something similar as a kid not sure it was sears or not. Had 2 sisters living on the same road and would mow all 3 lawns.  When I was about 13 - 14 it stopped running.  My dad looked at me and said the push mower worked. So it sat. each lot was about 1/2 acre and the houses were small 2 bedroom/1 bath ranches. Went from taking maybe a couple of hours to a large part of my Saturdays. I tried to fix it a couple of times with no luck because we could not afford the parts. What happens when I move out at 17, he fixes the darn thing.  So glad I have YouTube university today.

• Like 1