IGNORED

Passenger Floorboard and Trunk Mods

Boe

After hearing about passinger floorboard and trunk mads I thought I'd give it a try myself. My wife is tall so the boards needed to go forward and down 3" each, so I cut the hinge of the OEM mount off and welded 1/4" plate to the cut end which added width. I then welded plate to the end to turn down and forward 3". After shaping the angle to match the original piece I cut the "T" end of a Harley floorboard mount and welded it to the bottom of the turned down plate. With that in place I welded gussets for strenght to the front and back angles.

After shapping and grinding the edges smooth I chromed the piece and installed Kuryakyn floorboards.

For the detachable trunk I took a HD trunk rack piece I got for $10 at a salvage yard and welded it to the OEM RS backrest upright just above the latching mechanism. I then cut out the backrest hoop and filled and shaped the connection. For ragidity and to minamize vibration I welded two angled struts from midpoint of the frame down to an existing attachment point on the rear fender rail. I then installed a HD tour pak painted to match the bike.

I would appreciate hearing what you think.

Edited by Boe