IGNORED

Where does the light in the trunk wire to?

Hey guys, this one is kind of silly, but i'm a creature feature guy and like these little things to work.

Years ago I replaced the bulb in my vanity mirror to an LED and it worked great for a long time. Its now not working, and after replacing the bolt with a known good one, I know that i'm not getting power. I put a voltmeter on the wires and i'm not getting voltage at the connections in the trunk, so I followed it down to the wiring underneath. I then tested the voltage at the plug and I'm not getting anything.

On the 86-93 service manual here on the site, i'm not even seeing it mentioned. Can anyone point me in the right direction? All fuses are good.

Thanks!

It’s factory, it’s mounted in the vanity mirror. The wire runs under the trunk, goes to a 2 wire plug and then there is a single bullet connector by the big plug for the tail light and turn signals. It then runs through the main harness to the HAZARD fuse which is not in the main fuse box, but in the little box with the spade fuses for the radio etc. 

everything is working now, thanks!

• Like 2