IGNORED

First big bike we've ever owned and we bought an '83 Venture Royale. It's got Issues.

@HeatherFeather for the air suspension computer I ended up re-soldering all joints internal and it works great now.  Also mine was obviously attempted to be fixed by a previous owner without luck and they ended up cutting the air lines and installing schrader valves.  Once I spliced all that back together the computer was timing out.  Took the compressor apart, cleaned and lightly oiled with pneumatic oil, same with the selenoid bank and fixed the timeout issue.  
looks like R6 calipers up front.  I didn’t see it mentioned in the thread so just an FYI the bike has a linked braking system. (Unless of course the gen 1 didn’t do that, someone correct me if I’m wrong)

Yes, the Gen1 MK1 had linked bakes. Rear and right front(IIRC) on the pedal and the left front on the grip. @skydoc_17 sells a delinking kit. If you already have R6 calipers on the front you are ahead of the game. Those, Earl's delinking kit and a higher flow front MC will make a world of difference in the stopping power. I don't remember if you want a Gen1 MK2 front MC or a Gen2 front MC. Earl will chime in on this, hopefully.

On 9/7/2024 at 2:43 PM, luvmy40 said:

Yes, the Gen1 MK1 had linked bakes. Rear and right front(IIRC) on the pedal and the left front on the grip. @skydoc_17 sells a delinking kit. If you already have R6 calipers on the front you are ahead of the game. Those, Earl's delinking kit and a higher flow front MC will make a world of difference in the stopping power. I don't remember if you want a Gen1 MK2 front MC or a Gen2 front MC. Earl will chime in on this, hopefully.

Previous owner already installed the delinking kit! So that's already taken care of, at least. Don't know about the MC, though.

On 9/7/2024 at 12:05 PM, Pasta Burner said:

@HeatherFeather for the air suspension computer I ended up re-soldering all joints internal and it works great now.  Also mine was obviously attempted to be fixed by a previous owner without luck and they ended up cutting the air lines and installing schrader valves.  Once I spliced all that back together the computer was timing out.  Took the compressor apart, cleaned and lightly oiled with pneumatic oil, same with the selenoid bank and fixed the timeout issue.  
looks like R6 calipers up front.  I didn’t see it mentioned in the thread so just an FYI the bike has a linked braking system. (Unless of course the gen 1 didn’t do that, someone correct me if I’m wrong)

We'll give that a try1 Can't hurt anyway.