IGNORED

What is it?

How do I upload pixs from my computer when I don't have an URL link?

Trying to post a couple of pix of a piece that was in the saddle bag of my 98 RSTD because I have no idea what it is. Looks like a cover of some type, thought it might be for battery, but it's too big. Instructions say link with URL or upload, but I don't see anything that shows an upload link.

Thanks

1 hour ago, M61A1MECH said:

May be because you are listed as a trial member, but normally you can just up load from your computer.

PM sent.

Yep. You can become a paid member with all the benefits. Home page, top, store, subscriptions and pay the fee. Only $12 US per year.

so here is the picture, I have no idea, except maybe it is a cover for the lock mechanism in the saddle bags on a tour deluxe. I do not recall ever seeing anything like that on my 98 Tour Classic with soft bags. Do not recall if there were covers over the saddle bag locks on my Venture.

What is it.jpg

That looks to be the ATS I think it's called. Was used to 'balance' the carbs somehow, but I don't think it done what is was really meant to or thought to do. Most guys took it out and either linked the carbs together with tubing or plugged the ports altogether. There should be a port for each carb on it somewhere. JMT.

1 hour ago, Precious said:

If you mean on the unkown thingy, nope. It's solid, no holes, ports, nada, butkus, diddly, zero, nothing. It just is. LOL

Guess that is not the answer then.

That may fit behind the battery, to hold the cable that was supplied with the bike to use as a helmet lock. I forget where the cable was locked to when securing the helmet(s), I am not sure I ever used mine.