IGNORED

Rejet carbs to factory spec.

Greeting all, I just purchased an ‘09 RSV 38k miles, and would like to put OEM mufflers back on. It currently has some sort of aftermarket straight pipes, not my thing. I understand the carbs should have been rejeted when the current pipes were installed. I called the authorized Yamaha repair shop and they said $1200 to check if they need to be rejeted  but if the carbs need to be replaced it will be more. Not sure why they would need to be replaced. 

also if anyone has a contact for a competent Yamaha tech in northern Florida please send me them my way. Thanks

Thanks for the response, you may well be correct, found the old maintenance records which indicates when the Samson Turnout exhaust was installed ($90) but no mention of rejet. Only later was a set of needle valves ordered. My understanding is needle valves are for the floats. I think I’ll take your advice and install OEM and go from there, thanks Marcel!

I know a lot of us here have put a Harley touring muffler on our bikes with no change in carburation... I agree that you can probably go back to stock mufflers without an issues.