IGNORED

Speed Bleeders

Squidley

Just thought I would add a little info from the car club I run. (SHOclub.com).

Some of our guys that do a lot of track events tried these speed bleeders and loved them at first, but since they can bleed brakes 2-5 times a WEEKEND of racing, they have found that they leak and let air in after several uses.

Most of our group stopped using them after that.

If you use them once a year or so they may not be a problem, but may not be worth the cost.

FYI

Speed Bleeders has a refresh kit to renew the gasket material after several uses. If you're bleeding every week, this may not be the tool to use.

Personally, it worked great for me. I usually work on my bike by myself, so the traditional pump, screw open, screw closed, release is cumbersome. I have to bleed several times to get all the air out, and I usually manage to knock the tube off the bleeder several times.

With the speed bleeders installed, I bleed it once, and I'm done. Less mess, too. Reminds me, I need to flush the system again this spring.

8125L is long? Is 8125 short??

Is web site on here cheapest place to order?

I don't know of any other place that sells Speed-bleeders other than the website.

8125L= Long, 8125 standard.

Some of our guys that do a lot of track events tried these speed bleeders and loved them at first, but since they can bleed brakes 2-5 times a WEEKEND of racing, they have found that they leak and let air in after several uses.Most of our group stopped using them after that.

I think you'll find that the seal on the threads will loose it's integrity, and will need to be re-'tefloned' after extensive use. As far as leaking, the speed bleeders at their worse are better than the OEM bleeders at their best. When Speed Bleeders are tightened down they seal exactly the same as the stock bleeders.

Got mine at J&P 14.99 a pair

Also saw this there recently. Haven't used it, but I'll try it next time I need one. It's universal and you only need one. Puts the one-way valve in the line you're bleeding with. A little exposure at the connection and threads of actual bleeder valve maybe, but other than that I would think it should work the same way.

http://www.jpcycles.com/productgroup.aspx?GID=2A72B620-1D14-4463-A635-FCAF7CAB4B7F

For the person asking if you could use the speed bleeders to bleed and put the stock ones back in, that really defeats the purpose of using them in the first place.

IF doing that, just keep the stock ones, because no matter what you do, if you remove a bleeder and put another back in you will need to bleed the system again. Takes a TINY amount of air to mess up car brakes, and bike brakes would be even worse.