IGNORED

Tires, I think I screwed up

I ordered new tires for the bike when I replaced the rear shock. I stuck with the 150/80-16 front tire I thought it was strange when it showed up it said rear. I dismissed this as with such a wide front it probably only comes this way. Just took the bike for a ride after replacing the tires, wheel bearings front and rear, and a new Hagon shock. It went from a completely un responsive bike to almost being too responsive. I came on here to look at tire pressures people were running and saw the Shinko 777 I ordered had a front spec tire. Right now I have 2 rears Has anyone here ever done this and should I try to order the front tire. 

Sometimes it happens but not by choice. You can run a rear on the front, just remount the tire on the rim so that the direction arrow is backwards to the direction the tire is actually turning.  Or, since you have to remount the tire anyway, get a new Front tire, mount it correctly, and save the old one for use on the rear.

• Like 1

I flipped the tire it made a night and day difference. One of the guys I work with laughed at me he did the same thing. So excited to get back on the road didn't look at the sticker or part number just mounted it. he also suggested flipping and trying it.

• Like 1