IGNORED

Fuel pump question

All of a sudden now when I turn on key, I don't hear any clicking as before, but bike is running good, rode for couple of hours with no problems,  only thing I questioning is no clicks as it was before.  2011 RSV . little over 23000 miles on it

15 hours ago, RDawson said:

Had you hearing checked?🤣🤣🤣

Was the tank full? Possible it was gravity feeding the carbs if enough gas in the tank. I’d definitely check the pump points. 

I actually had this issue on the '06 I had.  Everything seemed to work fine until I was on a long ride several weeks later.  Took it to a shop who basically held me up because I was running darkside on the bike. The bike Started and ran fine until it didn't, as they say.  No issues after a new fuel pump.  

Thanks all for confirming my thought. Just what I thought it was,  but I'm not an expert 😁.  Going to change the pump now,  I had bought a spare fuel pump last year as partzilla had the for decent price, and had a feeling I might be running into it soon. Worked out perfect I just took it out of winter storage and was just going to change oil and get it ready for the season . I'm in new england so only about 7 or 8 months of riding . 

1 hour ago, mike042 said:

Thanks all for confirming my thought. Just what I thought it was,  but I'm not an expert 😁.  Going to change the pump now,  I had bought a spare fuel pump last year as partzilla had the for decent price, and had a feeling I might be running into it soon. Worked out perfect I just took it out of winter storage and was just going to change oil and get it ready for the season . I'm in new england so only about 7 or 8 months of riding . 

Replace the points in the old one and you’ll still have a spare.  

• Like 1