IGNORED

Beautiful day for a ride.

ragtop69gs

Our weather has been a little unsettled for a few days, but today is a nice day in the upper 60s.  At least today I hope to get to ride to and from work.  Be safe out there.

Was a great day yesterday! Went to a few yard sales in morning went home to see wife for her lunch then decided to go for a 5oklm ride to buy some bulk things(raisins,peanut and some sweeteners). Put phone on charge on the way there with no problems. Went into store then decided to go to next city to do some more shopping(had my utility trailer ) and  BUZZZZZZ  CLICK,CLICK   no start!!!!!!!!!!!! Tried a couple times and same thing.Carry a booster with me but that didn't help so asked an older couple that came out if I could get a boost but they said they have no cables, I told them I had a set so he tried . Didn't work!! Didn't want to hold him up by letting his car charge my battery so called CAA! 2 1/2 hrs later a flat bed showed up. Got him to tow bike home as didn't want to take a chance getting boost then have it quit on way home. Said I didn't have coverage to tow trailer so had to leave it locked to picnic table. Positive I made sure I had right coverage to tow trailer also because when I got it I told them I towed a trailer to the U.S. and needed to be able to get trailer to wherever I needed to go.(have to find original papers to check) Ut battery on charger over night and will check out what went on, might have to replace battery!

Driver made sure bike was secure and stopped shortly after going 1/4klm to make sure it was secure!

Went back to pick trailer up with son's car(after some persuading)(he has no problem borrowing mine)to save gas!

10 minutes ago, sleepy2 said:

Was a great day yesterday! Went to a few yard sales in morning went home to see wife for her lunch then decided to go for a 5oklm ride to buy some bulk things(raisins,peanut and some sweeteners). Put phone on charge on the way there with no problems. Went into store then decided to go to next city to do some more shopping(had my utility trailer ) and  BUZZZZZZ  CLICK,CLICK   no start!!!!!!!!!!!! Tried a couple times and same thing.Carry a booster with me but that didn't help so asked an older couple that came out if I could get a boost but they said they have no cables, I told them I had a set so he tried . Didn't work!! Didn't want to hold him up by letting his car charge my battery so called CAA! 2 1/2 hrs later a flat bed showed up. Got him to tow bike home as didn't want to take a chance getting boost then have it quit on way home. Said I didn't have coverage to tow trailer so had to leave it locked to picnic table. Positive I made sure I had right coverage to tow trailer also because when I got it I told them I towed a trailer to the U.S. and needed to be able to get trailer to wherever I needed to go.(have to find original papers to check) Ut battery on charger over night and will check out what went on, might have to replace battery!

Driver made sure bike was secure and stopped shortly after going 1/4klm to make sure it was secure!

Went back to pick trailer up with son's car(after some persuading)(he has no problem borrowing mine)to save gas!

Quite a day. You didn't call???

2 hours ago, sleepy2 said:

@Marcarlwas way away from you.By Tillsonburg!

Charged battery and load tested and it said BAD! Will take in tomorrow and double check it!

I just bought another battery a week ago for my RSV.  The previous lasted a good 5 years until now.   I've since been buying Duracell Moto batteries from batteries plus.  No complaints in that arena.  

Took batteries in to check them at battery vendor and he said mine from bike was OK but a little low(was12.8 night before and 12.2 when I took in) Only 3 years old! Checked other one which is over 13yr old(I use it to run my lawn tractors to plow snow) and it was a little low also. Bought new charger that charges(trickle) regular 6/12v ,regular(acid wet),AGM etc and charged them both over night and seems to have taken charge so will monitor over next few days.

Another good day for a ride. Went to Kitchener today to pick up spare battery @ReinyRooster had to help me out . Was going to go and have a coffee with him but his hunny-do-list(we all have them!)(I got most of mine done so I had time to go for a ride before finishing them)  kind of put a damper on it(not that I didn't want to get him in trouble but we had a good conversation for a few minutes anyway!  Lots of idiot drivers out there!  He said he is going to try and make it for a couple of hours on Saturday to catch up on old times!!

I agree.  It has been so nice since last weekend.  The heat is back today, but I will still ride even if it is to and from work.  Always be vigilant.  A lot of drivers are not paying attention.  Ride Safe.

Beautiful ride into work this morning in Houston.  74 when I left the house ~5:30. Don't actually come into the office regularly anymore. Pre Plandemic I was in every day and that would generate about 11 - 12,00 miles a year but now . . . .   Need to make more time for just riding with no destination in mind. 

• Like 1

Sorry Phil, would have loved to get out for a coffee with you but as you said, the "honey-do" list got in the way. Just the one project kept me going all day yesterday and still isn't done. Will be working on that again today.

Looking forward to a bit of riding Saturday and seeing some old faces again. Hoping maybe somebody can assist me in mounting a Rivco centre stand on my bike.

Anybody going there on a 1st gen that wants a driver backrest? Giving it away.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/5/2024 at 3:30 PM, Marcarl said:

Just so you know, 12.2 is considered a dead battery.

My SVTC is running on a 4 year old battery.  I think I really have to just replace the battery for peace of mind.  I don't want to get stuck somewhere or in a middle of nowhere...these bikes/battery sometimes don't really give you much a warning in terms of a weakening battery.  As per the title, it sure is a beautiful day here in SE Pa. for a bike ride. 

• 2 weeks later...

Too hot to ride for the last couple of days.  Hopefully after tomorrow, I can once again say that it is a nice day to ride.  This heat wave will hopefully eventually subside.  

@N3FOL Same kind of weather here in Ontario Canada(seems worse than the last few years) way too hot(even fairly warm after supper) or way too much rain(good for farmers tho! Phantom doesn't like me ridding in rain---says I'm not as young as I used to be and she worries!) Was out Wednesday for a 125klm round trip then that night.Also out yesterday and probably today! Have to enjoy it when we can! Last 4 years after retiring not as much riding as I had hoped but making the best of what time I do ride!

• Like 3

Out yesterday after hooking up a remote power and voltage meter to check voltage while riding. Highest voltage went was 13.5v and staid there even after parking bike. Checked this morning and was 12.8. Am going to change over to battery I bought from @ReinyRooster and see if it changes. 

1 hour ago, sleepy2 said:

Out yesterday after hooking up a remote power and voltage meter to check voltage while riding. Highest voltage went was 13.5v and staid there even after parking bike. Checked this morning and was 12.8. Am going to change over to battery I bought from @ReinyRooster and see if it changes. 

I don't think you'll get much higher than 13.5. 12.8 shows a good battery after sitting all night, 12.6 is a full battery.

Now that our local weather has settled down a little, I got the chance to ride my RSV to work.  What a great feeling!  It has been a few days since my last ride.  Ride safe all.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All.  It has been very quiet here lately with almost no posts.  At any rate, I've been riding for the last 4 days switching between the RSV and SVTC.  Weather has been great with much lower temperature and humidity.  This type of weather will continue up to this coming Friday, so ride safe everyone.  Enjoy the night.  

• Like 1

I also have noticed less posts! I try to get out and ride as much as I can! Phantom keeps worrying when I do because of all the bike riders crashing and dyeing around the area we live!. Not many details on most,cagers mostly(probably turning in front of or sideswiping as not paying attention) She does know I drive as best as I can and also doesn't trust others( I also don't trust others so  ALWAYS keeping alert to what is going around me!!!!)

• Like 2

Same here in terms of motorcycle related accidents in our state.  Too many bad news.   When riding, we always have to be diligent and wear the right gear.  With that said, it is still a great time to keep riding and enjoy the weather and the outdoors.

I hope to see more posts in this site in the near future.  Enjoy the night.

• Like 1