IGNORED

A testement to Deka ETX18L batterry for the 1st Gen.

saddlebum

I just found the invoice for my Deka battery while purging some paper work in my den. the purchase date was Mar 8- 2013. Some winters I put it on a battery tender and some I just plain forgot. In either case the batttery has never been removed from the bike and the bike has always sat outside through the winter under a good quality full bike cover Other than when in my garage to be worked on. To this day that battery is still kicking strong. That is over 10 years for a battery that cost me $94.00 at  the time which was only $20.00 more than a standard Yuasa battery.

• Like 1

I replaced my Deka AGM battery a few years ago as it was 9 years old then and I was getting worried about it going away on me. Looking back I should have kept it but I did replace it with the same battery type in my 89 VR and yes I do keep it on a battery tender from about March till the first ride..

Rick F.

10 hours ago, BMW said:

$94.00 is probably looking pretty good than compared to what they hit you for now to replace it. I just replaced my Yuasa after 7 plus years and it cost me $50.00 more than it did back in 2016.

And you Americans generally get stuff a lot cheaper than us Canucks do or as Cowpuck used to call us Canuckians.