IGNORED

seat removal

Guest wilson963

Guest wilson963

Ok, I am really embarrassed to have to ask this but how do I get the seat off. I ran the batt down trying to start it. now I need to charge it up.

Wilson

if its a second gen you need to remove the 2 nuts under the seat. In Canada these nuts are metric 10. In the states I would assume they are either 7/16 or 1/2. Easy to find just look under the seat.

Hope that helps

Profile states it an 83, so lift the filler cap and there is one bolt there. Cant remember but may have been 10mm. Lift the cover from the seat.

Battery is hiding up there.

BRad

Yup, slide the false tank forward. Make sure you pull fwd at the front end with one hand, as you do not want to break the mounting tab. I usually have my other hand, pushing, at the front of the filler opening.

BTW you sit on top of the gas tank.........

:080402gudl_prv:

Just want to add. The hold down tab under the gas filler neck cover is generally a phillips screw with a flat and lock washer, and the rubber grommet in the tab has a metal compression spacer in it to keep folks from over tightening the screw and snapping off the tab. They are easily lost. Just be aware of it. :)

Guest wilson963

Thanks for all the replies, After some sweat and with a little help from my 15 year old I found the battery just were you said it was. But now I know how to take off the seat and all the saddle box's.

Thanks for all the replies, After some sweat and with a little help from my 15 year old I found the battery just were you said it was. But now I know how to take off the seat and all the saddle box's.

The saddle bags slide to the rear after unlocking them. The trunk unlocks at the very bottom..back. The seat comes off by unscrewing a 12mm bolt on each side toward the back. Sounds like you really need to pick up a repair manual, or.... Look HERE.