IGNORED

the 2009 V Max overview

pegscraper

OK, VMAx, the most butt-ugly motorcycle made 20 years ago, and still the most butt-ugly motorcycle made today. I sit corrected - thank you.

You make anything powerful enough and the squids will buy it, even if it is butt ugly.

guess i must be a 65 year old squid. i'd buy one in a minute, if i did'nt have this here bad ass zx-14 kaw. you want to talk ugly take a look at a b-king. they both got big possibilities. never did care for to many stock bikes. i figure they were built for us to ride and personalize. i had one fine looking 88 v-max that was personalized. thats when i was just a young squid. snarley bill:2133:

Yo Pegscraper,

Thanks for the headsup info. Got my old heart going again.

It was an ugly bike 20+ years ago and the new one looks like it is too. At least the rams are functional now, but with 4-1-2-4 pipes they sure could have looked nicer. Only thing really that bothers me is the 4 gal. tank. If its faster than the Busa and Kawa, I'll take it cause it sure looks more comfortabler than those two.

Maybe I can sell rides on the German highways as long as we don't have speedlimits.

Does the chassis fall apart when you take the engine out now? Let me know how you do getting it into a Venture (replace those Venture leg protectors with the rams maybe?).

I read somewhere that Yamaha will be releasing the new redesigned Venture based on the new V4 engine in 2010! We will have to wait 2 more years, I guess.

:7_6_3[1]:

Greg "Porkchop" Smith

2010 is also going to be the year for the new Goldwing, or so some say since Honda is opening a new assembly plant, so it should be an interesting model year.

I agree with Pegscraper...exhaust system is butt-ugly. Surely they could do better than this.

And, at nearly $18,000 for a naked bike, I'm afraid that by the time they cram that engine into a renovated Venture it will be right up there with the Goldwing and Harley in price. That will lose Yamaha's biggest advantage in the touring bike class.

I disagree on that...if anything it will push the RSV style scoot far ahead of the competition as long as they do a few more small refinements such as maybe built-in CD, GPS, XM, etc (creature comforts) , reverse would be nice ... offer ABS, adjustable/vented windshield, more color choices, as options. IMHO, the RSV is already on par with an Ultra Classic and has a far better warranty. Goldwing, although similar "class" is the "Cadillac" of the 3 (or should I say the Mercedes).

Well looks like a great bike, However also look at the Price !!! Wow !!!

Ok, now bring up the Spec Sheets, and make direct comparison to the Suzuki GSX 1300-R.

Much less wgt, longer wheel base, bigger tank, More HP, 1 inch lower seat hgt, better front forks, and 9 years of proven technology. ( not to mention, 0 to 60 in 2.4 to 2.6 seconds )

Hmmm and just look at the price !!! $11,999 Verse $17, 900 -----

OK, if I buy the Max, what do I get for the Extra 6K ???????

Well looks like a great bike, However also look at the Price !!! Wow !!!

Ok, now bring up the Spec Sheets, and make direct comparison to the Suzuki GSX 1300-R.

Much less wgt, longer wheel base, bigger tank, More HP, 1 inch lower seat hgt, better front forks, and 9 years of proven technology. ( not to mention, 0 to 60 in 2.4 to 2.6 seconds )

Hmmm and just look at the price !!! $11,999 Verse $17, 900 -----

OK, if I buy the Max, what do I get for the Extra 6K ???????

V4 Motor, 160 Nm of Torque, NO Chain Drive, ABS, Fly-by-Wire, better Forks than the Haya, better Brakes and several other 'Amenities'.

Other than this, i'm with you George, no Way to sink 20 K in that Bike. I'm looking for a 1Gen '83 to '85 rolling Chassis and making up my very own 2Gen Vmax.

I can find any number of " used " Busa's for about $7K, in the U.S.

Most under 10K miles.

You may have some points there Squid, however, my Busa has so much power and torque, not sure what I could do with any more.

Unless, maby if I was going to go raceing, on a Drag Strip.

The thing hits 90 ft. lbs of torque between 2000 and 2500 RPM. With only 498 lb. of dry weight, well, you know what I mean.

Red line in 2nd gear is 134 MPH.

I don't think I've ever used more then 1/4 throttle, thats enough to scare the you know what out of me.

Brakes are fantastic as far as I can tell, ABS might be better, but ?????

Shaft drive ?? might be worth extra money, however I have the highest quality chain money can buy on my Busa, 11K on it, so far, have only adjusted it Up One notch on the Swing arm.

( Granted, the stock Chains, that Suziki uses, are NO Good !!! )

One good burn out, and the stock Chains will Stretch.

Oh Well, if you get a chance to take a ride on a Busa, don't pass it up. I think

you would be very pleased !!!!

How come, you think i don't know what i'm talking about ??

I did ride a Busa for 30 or 40 mls. It's awesome, no Doubt. But believe me George, there's nothing like a Max with a 1500 cc or even more Displacement with EFI. I've ridden several of those also. I don't care for riding at Speeds above 250 kph/155 mph on a naked Bike, but the way of getting there is what i'm interested in. The V4 has so much more Torque, you even can't hold on to the Handlebars without having the Pegs as an rear Set on a souped up Engine.

I don't like Chain Drive. But each to his own.

Finally, i totally agree on what you said. There's a Lot of technical Differences and the VMAX might be worth the extra Premium Price they ask for, but not for me and for my Wallet. I have a respectfully Pile of Cash saved for buying this Bike, but it's 20 Percent more than i'm willing to pay. Once they can be bought at a nice Price or at good Price used, there may be one coming up in my Stable, but only then.

Rumours are, the VMAX in UK will cost twice as much as two Busa's, TWO NEW Busa's ...

I will be watching for the Magazine Testing Results of the New V-Max.

Will be interesting to see the Drag Strip, Time's and Speeds, in 1/4 mile Drag Runs.

As to price, here in U.S. its Easy to find a used Busa, for 5 to 7,000 dollars.

And most will be under 10 to 15K miles on the Clock. My 1999 model, has 14K miles on it, and would be worth about $5500.00 on the U.S. Market.

However, an RSTD, or RSV with that New Engine !!!!!! Wow, now that would be worth the money.