IGNORED

the 2009 V Max overview

pegscraper

1679 Cc's Not Quite As Big As The Wings Engine. Guess You Could Call It A 1700. now Detune It Alittle And Put That Sucker In A Venture!:thumbsup2::D

Nnoooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1679 Cc's Not Quite As Big As The Wings Engine. Guess You Could Call It A 1700. now Detune It Alittle And put That Sucker In A Venture!:thumbsup2::D

Yyeeesssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!

1679 cc's not quite as big as the wings engine. Guess you could call it a 1700. Now detune it alittle and put that sucker in a Venture!:thumbsup2::D

But I prefer the V4 to the GW 6 cylinder at least it wont stick out the sides and interfere with the feet.

We gonna test drive one and unbolt the motor and bolt it in a first gen easy as that:cool10::cool10:

Jeff

I read some Comments of the Engineers and the outside Dimnsions seem to be very close to our current Engines. Even the Ports on the Exhaust would fit a 2Gen if you exchange the Heads.

But the Airbox is almost double the Size of a Vmax Airbox and this wouldn't fit easy. But other than this the mechanical Dimension wouldn't make it impossible. Output Gear Ratio seems also be much different. But this would involve heavy electronics Work also. There are variable Trumpets(Air Horns inside the Airbox) and Ride by Wire System and Catalytic Converter.

So are the fake air scoops. I have never like those things. I have always though this bike would look better with a cover that looked like a regular gas tank. It's really the only thing I don't like about it though.

The Scoops aren't fake anymore. Upper Intakes feed the Airbox, lower Intakes on each Side are for cooling Purpose utilized.

Well that's good. At least they're not just for looks now. They actually serve a purpose.

BTW, did this bike get the VVT? I heard talks about that, but now I don't see anything about the bike having it. Am I missing something?

Well that's good. At least they're not just for looks now. They actually serve a purpose.

BTW, did this bike get the VVT? I heard talks about that, but now I don't see anything about the bike having it. Am I missing something?

Sure, VVT by hydraulic Cam Shifting and operating the EX Cams.

So are the fake air scoops. I have never like those things. I have always though this bike would look better with a cover that looked like a regular gas tank. It's really the only thing I don't like about it though.
from all i've read on the new max the scoops are for real now and the motor is totally new and different from the ground up. even looks taller in the picks. has to be to handle the bigger bore and longer stroke.:)

from all i've read on the new max the scoops are for real now and the motor is totally new and different from the ground up. even looks taller in the picks. has to be to handle the bigger bore and longer stroke.:)

No longer Stroke here. Stroke remains 66mm. Bore is 90 mm instead of 76(1200cc) or 79mm(1300cc.

I agree with Pegscraper...exhaust system is butt-ugly. Surely they could do better than this.

And, at nearly $18,000 for a naked bike, I'm afraid that by the time they cram that engine into a renovated Venture it will be right up there with the Goldwing and Harley in price. That will lose Yamaha's biggest advantage in the touring bike class.

It's worked for 20+ years now!!

OK, VMAx, the most butt-ugly motorcycle made 20 years ago, and still the most butt-ugly motorcycle made today. I sit corrected - thank you.

You make anything powerful enough and the squids will buy it, even if it is butt ugly.

I like the overall Design, Head Light is ugly. I would go for a round one immediately. The Scoops are not the best Design, but i could live with them. 3 Months or so ... :rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

Design is nothing to argue about. Different Folks, different Taste. Each to his own.

But seeing the Price Tag and considering the 'poor' Tech Data. I will go for a Project Bike and make my very own 2nd Gen Vmax.