IGNORED

Tires.. Whats still available for our bikes?

4 hours ago, FaceDeAce said:

There is no lock wash or mid washer on this bike, like the picture.  Just the two ring-nuts

Been storming here for a week.  Finally got out for a test ride yesterday. 
yes, yup, exactly as you said. Confirmed!  If too tight the bike wanders on its own a lot and is difficult to drive, especially at low speed. Amazing how a small tweak makes such a big difference. Up at highway speed still got mind if it’s own. Tighter did not fix the problem, still gets skittish ant 75+, and actually created new problem. I will loosen the steering head bearing back to where it was, so the bike will self centre and not be a chore to drive.
It has to be something else.

Also have clutch slipping now under hard acceleration.  I will search and look through reviving an old thread on that.

A movement of 1/32 of an inch will make a world of difference. Don't go too fast if it's not right, can be very dangerous, deadly!

Hello everybody,

Sorry if I am hijacking this thread, but I need some help. I am new to the Venture world and I need some tire advice. 

My new-to-me '85 bike needs new tires and I would like to go to a lower profile to lower the bike since it's a bit too tall for me.

I understand it won't make a huge difference, but every mm counts.

With such a heavy bike, is there any concerns about running a lower profile? The lowest I can find is 120x70x18 so it's not too drastic of a change.

Thanks in advance for any help!