IGNORED

This is how SHINKO 777 tires are made.

Du-Rron

53 minutes ago, N3FOL said:

Just got the chance to remove and install the new tire on my RSV yesterday.   Shinko 777s are great tires.  The old rear tire had 16024 miles.   IMG_0747.thumb.jpeg.dfafb9b011c19123224d4941dd423aee.jpegIMG_0748.thumb.jpeg.b59b11a5b2ab39bd2a16bb4f4696ce9f.jpegIMG_0750.thumb.jpeg.ca15a7cda2ad22522e652eaf5328f93d.jpeg

Looks to me like you could have got more corners out of the old ones, lots of tread there.

• 1 month later...

I would love to get over 10K miles on any tire I have bought. I used to run the D404's, I like the tire but seemed to wear out around 5-6K miles. Got me some E4's (front and back) a few years ago. That rear tire made it about 7K or a little over. Went back to a D404 and on a trip it got a leak so had to have it replaced in Arkansas. The dealership only had a Michelin Commander 2. Worked out as it forced me to try it but I had been too cheap to go for that during normal tire change intervals. Now I have 6-7K miles on that rear tire and still has decent tread but I can hear it when it is on the left side of the tire when in light turns or leaning a little. I don't know if I'll get a full season of riding next year out of that tire. I am starting to think it is just the way it is running the weight we are putting on it and the speeds. A lot of straight roads around here and fairly high speed limits (55-75 MPH). My wife and I are not lean and mean and also a lot of chip and seal roads around here as well. Running around 39-41 PSI on the rear for the last 4 years. Used to run 36-38 psi and definitely didn't have good tread wear at that rate.

Now that I look at my records, looks like the E4 I have on the front is now around 17K miles, but does need to be replaced. So thinking I must be overloading the rear. Not sure why else I would get that many miles from the front and only 7K from the rear.

12 hours ago, TTrax said:

I would love to get over 10K miles on any tire I have bought. I used to run the D404's, I like the tire but seemed to wear out around 5-6K miles. Got me some E4's (front and back) a few years ago. That rear tire made it about 7K or a little over. Went back to a D404 and on a trip it got a leak so had to have it replaced in Arkansas. The dealership only had a Michelin Commander 2. Worked out as it forced me to try it but I had been too cheap to go for that during normal tire change intervals. Now I have 6-7K miles on that rear tire and still has decent tread but I can hear it when it is on the left side of the tire when in light turns or leaning a little. I don't know if I'll get a full season of riding next year out of that tire. I am starting to think it is just the way it is running the weight we are putting on it and the speeds. A lot of straight roads around here and fairly high speed limits (55-75 MPH). My wife and I are not lean and mean and also a lot of chip and seal roads around here as well. Running around 39-41 PSI on the rear for the last 4 years. Used to run 36-38 psi and definitely didn't have good tread wear at that rate.

Now that I look at my records, looks like the E4 I have on the front is now around 17K miles, but does need to be replaced. So thinking I must be overloading the rear. Not sure why else I would get that many miles from the front and only 7K from the rear.

On MC tires I always got one front to two rears. Weight and the acceleration wears the rears faster. Now that I’m darkside I get two or three fronts to one rear. 

• Like 1