IGNORED

Piggy Backer Help

Double D

I recommend running max pressure to make the tires as hard as possible for less rolling resistance. If I remember correctly, the XL has the torsion bar suspension which is far superior to leaf spring. If they are leaf springs, I run 20 psi in my Harbor Freight trailer to take out some of the bounce. I even went down the just the one large spring and flipped the axle to get the trailer to sit lower.

Too much air will wear out the center of the tires, too little wears out the edges. I personally will load the trailer, then run it through a little water, then look at the tracks on the dry pavement. Should be as wide as the tire, if over inflated you will notice, under inflated is harder to determine but is possible.

I believe max pressure is too much air, for the total weight you will be pulling.

Brad

According to my owner's manual, it states

"It has been reported to us by other Piggy Backer owners that tire pressure between 40 and 50 PSI seems to work well. Tire pressure listed on the tire itself is 60 PSI. To prevent excessive tire ear, check your tire pressure once the trailer is loaded before and during your trip."

Hope that answers your question. My Piggy Backer XL is only half assembled as of this morning...