IGNORED

The Big Squeeze

Condor

Supply and demand is the real reason. We did it to ourselves. A lot of us here in the U.S. do a lot of complaining, but don't really do much about it. We complain about fuel prices then hop into our gas guzzling, big horsepower, cars and trucks, and hit the road with the peddle to the metal. I used to be guilty of the same indiscretions. There are also many more ways to reduce our need for fossil fuels than most realize. Geothermal, solar (not just photovoltaics), wind, nuclear, etc. Most of these have been around for many decades, if not centuries. You would think the 70's would have taught us something. If we can't ween ourselves off fossil fuels all together, we can certainly greatly reduce the need for it till we kick the habit for good. We need to educate ourselves, and our children. WE have to do something about the problem. More drilling just prolongs the inevitable. Nuclear could truly be the answer. It really isn't that bad if we do it the right way. Even with the radioactive byproduct, it is actually better than spewing out all the pollution into the environment. The mishap in Chernobyl was do to just plain stupidity. Even that and problem like the mishap at Three Mile Island could be avoided. If we were to use the fusion of Hydrogen, the only byproduct would be helium. The advances in technology on alternative power sources has made leaps and bounds in the last couple decades. We really don't need fossil fuels as bad as we think. Education and action is the only real answer to our problems. Even with all the funny looks I get, I'm doing whatever I can to make a difference.

:cool10:

I used to get a pizza, a quart... you remember a quart.....of soda, and a drive-in movie with that $5 bucks too Eck... :)

Fuel prices are driving us into the dumpster, and unfortunately enjoying it while we can ain't gonna get it any more. It's happening too fast. The only way we can reverse the upward cost spiral is reduce the demand. If having unaffordable fuel is the only way anyone can think of to reduce demand, so be it. Once we past the threshhold of unaffordablity for the masses.. if we haven't already haven't... the price will continue to increase as big oil, that is now used to earning big profits, raise prices to maintain their earnings. It's all supply and demand economics. Maybe the movie MAD MAX wasn't so far off....

You still don't seem to understand the oil company's do not set the price of oil.

I am patiently waiting for our News Media to start Talking about all the Wells being drilled Everywhere " EXCEPT" in the U. S. to below 30,000 feet.

Actually, they are already sinking deep wells (30,000+) in Wyoming and soon to start in ND.

Actually, they are already sinking deep wells (30,000+) in Wyoming and soon to start in ND.

Great!!! This is what I am trying to make some folks aware off !!!!!

I have read thru all these posts, you are the first to respond to the 30,000 ft. deep Information !!!

What does this mean ????

There is a huge supply of new oil below 30,000 feet. The Media IS NOT telling the general public about it !!! OR are the oil companies.

Why?? That I would like to know.

Whats down there??? OIL, when the wells come in, it flows at between 350 and 400 deg. F !!! Under High Pressure.

Its NOT FOSSIL FUEL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What is it and why is it there?? Thats a very good question.

Who found it first ??? The Russians !!!

When did they find it??? Over 15 years ago !!!

Why did the Russians find it first ?? Cause they don't believe the Fossil Fuel Myth !!!

And they are pumping it and makeing huge profits on the stuff. They are building pipe lines into Eastern and Central Europe, to deliver the stuff.

Question: ???? Are the 30,000 ft holes in Wyoming pumping Oil, that info I have not been able to find. I only found that " One " well had been drilled, to 30,000 ft. I found that on a Federal Goverment, publication. But there were no details, as to success or not.

---- Can anybody answer that for me ??? -------

Example: One Russian Well off the N East Coast of Sakahalin Island, came in Oct. of 2007. ITS PUMPING ABOUT 250,000 BARRELS A MONTH !!! 4 more are in the process of being drilled. Who is buying this Oil, ??? Japan !!

Do the Research, --- Google---

" Deep Oil " " Russian Deep Oil Wells " " 30,000 ft Drilling Rigs " " Oil finds off Coast of Brazil " " Drilling Rig Atlantis " " Adiabatic oil "

http://chazzz.org/index_files/Page650.htm This site will give a quick Overview of the true situation.

One more Rant on my part. We need More New Refineries, The ones we have are supposedly running at full tilt, so more oil won't make much difference to supply of Finished product.

Mike, don't get your knickers in a twist. I never said they did, but I'll play along with you. WHO DOES???
Go back and read you post that I quoted. ( the price will continue to increase as big oil that is now use to earning big profits raise prices to maintain their earnings) The prices are set buy the buyers.The speculators cause the price to fluctuate quickly when they speculate the supply will be high or low in the future. They will buy control of a futures contract at todays selling price say $100 a barrel speculating that it will be worth $130 in 6 months. What they have done is guarantee a producer they will buy a set amount of oil produced at the date of the end of the contract. If oil is worth the 130 when the contract comes due they have made $30 dollars a barrel on the oil they contracted to buy 6 months ago. If oil is worth less and they still hold the contract they must pay the difference. That is the way all commodity's are traded. The actual price is set by the buyer a refiner in the case of oil and what they will pay on any given day is determined on how much oil is on the market and how much refined products their buyers want that day. I don't remember the exact amount of barrels a contract controls a $1 dollar a barrel increase on a contract is about a 100k gain.