IGNORED

Hey Squidley.............

DragonRider

Brad, I need to cut down the w/s on my VStar, but I am a little reluctant:scratchchin:to do it myself, LA told me how to do it but I just cant bring myself to do it, Im hoping that you will be a Freebirds for m/d and you might find time to do it for me..........I know your experienced with cutting perfectly good windshields up:thumbsup:, so hoping I can get you to do it for me................

Brad, I need to cut down the w/s on my VStar, but I am a little reluctant:scratchchin:to do it myself, LA told me how to do it but I just cant bring myself to do it, Im hoping that you will be a Freebirds for m/d and you might find time to do it for me..........I know your experienced with cutting perfectly good windshields up:thumbsup:, so hoping I can get you to do it for me................

He only has experience cutting holes in the windshield:rotf::rotf:

We plan on being there, so right now he is working 10 hr. shifts to get thing done so he can take some time off this summer. He may be able to get on here tonight, or tomorrow morning.

He only has experience cutting holes in the windshield:rotf::rotf:

We plan on being there, so right now he is working 10 hr. shifts to get thing done so he can take some time off this summer. He may be able to get on here tonight, or tomorrow morning.

Lonna, when are you gonna give him time from the house chores to work on the bike!?!?!?!? Tell him I said "Hey!" and the motors finally back in the bike! Of course, now I'm replacing the swingarm bushings, etc! Another piece back on the bike, another order to Flatout!!! But I can finally see the light!

By the way, I can bring a sawzall and an 18" tree saw blade to cut down some windshields!! Ask him if that's the proper tool!!!

Later,

Dan :scratchchin::scratchchin:

Lonna, when are you gonna give him time from the house chores to work on the bike!?!?!?!? Tell him I said "Hey!" and the motors finally back in the bike! Of course, now I'm replacing the swingarm bushings, etc! Another piece back on the bike, another order to Flatout!!! But I can finally see the light!

By the way, I can bring a sawzall and an 18" tree saw blade to cut down some windshields!! Ask him if that's the proper tool!!!

Later,

Dan :scratchchin::scratchchin:

Dan,

I'm not sure, but I will have him read this post, and let you know.

And I have NO list for him to work on right now as he is working too many hours at work this month!! The only thing I ask of him now days is to eat the dinner I made before he goes to bed! (like thats real hard):confused24::whistling:

Edited by Sweetnothing

I know the feeling work is working me on the new program they started there in the jail " Hugs For Thugs" this Capt of ours dont even know where the jail is and she tell us we have to be nice so there cant be no riot becouse of over crowding.

If he can't do it, some else can, but it is always a hit and miss to some extent. The most important is that you figure out exactly how much to take off. Then you tape it, mark it, and cut with a Dremel, scroll saw or some such tool. Finish with a file and sandpaper. The tape used should be painters tape so to have less risk of removing the clearcoat on the windsheld, but that's always a risk as well.

You can take the shield to a plexiglass shop with your markings and let them cut it for you. Im sure they will make a nicer edge. When I cut my 1st gen shield down I finished the edge with a finishing sander. Still didnt look like a nice finished edge like a shop would do.

I used a Fein Multimaster Power Tool. It's only a Kind of vibrating Action. A 80mm Diameter Sawblade moves only 1.5 mm from end to end. With such a standard Blade, you even can hurt yourself. Makes a fine Egde without too much left Residue for sanding. I didn't even remove the Windshield from the Bike.

I will find something else to do while you chop my shield up, dont know if I could watch, Im a nervous nelly when it comes to things like that...........:smile5: Thanks Brad...........

Just saw the post Lewis, we will be at Dons and we can cut the windshield. I'll bring a cutoff tool with me home and we can hook it up to Dons compressor and make it happen

:happy34:

Dan,...The only thing I ask of him now days is to eat the dinner I made before he goes to bed! (like thats real hard)

What's the problem? Man works that hard should be able to eat in bed if he wants to. :2132::2132: