IGNORED

Problem with CLASS

Guest texasyamahamama

Guest texasyamahamama

Gentlemen, I have a 1989 Yamaha Venture Royale and am in need of the print board assembly for the control unit on the CLASS. If any of you know where I might find one, I would be grateful. Also, I found the post where the gentleman explained how to bypass the CLASS. Please give me your opinions on whether or not this would be the best route to take, instead of continuing to deal with the CLASS.

Thank You,

Jackie the TexasYamahaMama

Gentlemen, I have a 1989 Yamaha Venture Royale and am in need of the print board assembly for the control unit on the CLASS. If any of you know where I might find one, I would be grateful. Also, I found the post where the gentleman explained how to bypass the CLASS. Please give me your opinions on whether or not this would be the best route to take, instead of continuing to deal with the CLASS.

Thank You,

Jackie the TexasYamahaMama

Here is the link to the repair of the common faults of the CLASS controller. It is much more work, to rig the air lines, into a "Venture Standard" from VR configuration.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=493

Guest texasyamahamama

A great big THANK YOU to all of you. Thank you LoneStarMedic for the offer. I live 90 miles north of Fort Worth, so it would be a pretty good drive.

Just a note. There will be a maintenance day in McKinney on June the 21st. I will be there as well as a few others. If it still gives you hassles come on down. Bet we can fix it without new dealer parts. Also a good time to meet members and help break in a new grill.

JB

Guest texasyamahamama

I would love to come. I'm a lab tech at a small hospital, so if I don't have call I'll be there. Where and what time?

Jackie,

I am in the minority here as I can't stand the CLASS system on the 1st gens. I had my '86 almost leave me stranded pulling a trailer loded in Georgia as I couldn't fill the rear shock over 45 lbs.

I am changing my '86 I just bought over to the standard setup. If you can make it to the Texas Maintenance day that would be a great idea. Great folks and you'll learn a ton of stuff, best of luck in whatever path you choose.

Guest maddabber

A friend of mine has an 86 and he had problems with the class. Everything would check out OK the plugs with the air compressor, the board everything was fine. He followed the wiring down under the seat and there was so much dirt and grim on the main plug there. He cleaned all the connections there and has not had a problem since.