IGNORED

Turntable for my 99 RSV

Lepapehermann

[quote=Lone Eagle;62992

WOW - THAT IS AWESOME, HERMANN. Tools, time, but moreso knowledge and imagination. Do you think those wheels would gradually pick up stuff from the floor to cause them to stop turning?

:thumbsup: :clap2:

The wheel, in reality, are bearings and the concrete surface in the garage is extremely hard so I don't expect any dust buildup.

I will certainly have to keep the floor clean, sweeping it from time to time should be enough to keep the dirt out of the way.

All the bearings are aligned according to the radius of the turntable so they roll flat and at the right angle eliminating any possible skew that could generate dust buildup.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jetson

Mine turns on nylon wheels, they can't get clogged with dirt, and don't wear out. I don't have a center stand, either. If you aren't going to build one yourself, I think it was worth it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Sell the plans specifically for a few bux although they would hardly be necessary. I am thinking, yes use that pizza pan, but oil, and a bunch of small ball bearings, with a quarter inch plate, but you would need the center stand to work it.