IGNORED

Passenger Floorboards

philmartin

Is there any way to move, extend or modify the passenger floorboards? I'm fine riding solo but when my wife is on and we come to a stop i'm getting whacked in the back of my calves with her boots. She's tried sitting pigeon toed and the foot boards still make contact. Any sugestions other than riding solo?

I saw a set that mounted on the rear crash bar and where adjustable upwards for short legged passengers, but that was on a 1st gen.

My only other thought is to replace them with pegs. But Mamma might not be happy with those and her foot might still be in the way.

Is there any way to move, extend or modify the passenger floorboards? I'm fine riding solo but when my wife is on and we come to a stop i'm getting whacked in the back of my calves with her boots. She's tried sitting pigeon toed and the foot boards still make contact. Any sugestions other than riding solo?

is it the floorboards that whack you , or her feet sliding forward, that cause the irritation?

if it is the floorboards, i can't offer any suggestions, but if it is her boots sliding forward, how about fabricating a simple toe guard , to keep her feet from moving too far forward?

just jt

is it the floorboards that whack you , or her feet sliding forward, that cause the irritation?

if it is the floorboards, i can't offer any suggestions, but if it is her boots sliding forward, how about fabricating a simple toe guard , to keep her feet from moving too far forward?

just jt

That's a great idea, I'll have to look into it. Thanks.

That's a great idea, I'll have to look into it. Thanks.

another solution, would be a 16 inch piece of "broom handle".

when her boot "whacks" you, return the favor, across the shin bone!

that should make your passenger "more aware" of stops!

don't try this method , unless you are wearing a helmet!

lol

just jt

My wife has a problem with the floor boards being too low for her short legs. Does anyone have a way to raise them?

Duct-tape a 2x4 on the floorboards??? :crackup:

The only way we have found to solve it is a lower seat and wear high-heeled boots.

It's my fault, riding today solo with passenger floorboards DOWN. When coming to a stop I'm putting my feet down before I come to a complete stop, therefore dragging my feet a little and getting whacked in the calves with the floorboards. I'll need to practice and stop blaming the wife.