IGNORED

The Hondapotomus is on the way to Maintenance Day

M61A1MECH

We left Edgewater this morning and headed north, taking slow leisurely ride through GA, SC, NC, KY before getting into Ohio.

NICE :thumbsup::clap2::dancefool::clap2:,, really really NICE my friend!! Have fun and safe travels out there brother!! Hope to see you at Don's!!:thumbsup2:

Puc

Be safe guys. Which this work thing would quit getting in the way.

Stopped for the night near Macon and went to the Air Force Museum at Warner Robbins, if you are ever in the area and have a few hours it is well worth the time.

Stopped for the night near Macon and went to the Air Force Museum at Warner Robbins, if you are ever in the area and have a few hours it is well worth the time.

We go by there every year when we go up to NC for the week in October. Once we stayed on base, and probably should have went the next day. LOL Might work that in, looks like its about 4.5 hours up to the place we stay in NC.

Here is the info on the museum for those interested.

We go by there every year when we go up to NC for the week in October. Once we stayed on base, and probably should have went the next day. LOL Might work that in, looks like its about 4.5 hours up to the place we stay in NC.

It is really worth the time, you may find an employment opportunity there if you are still looking, they are currently rebuilding a B-17 and have lots of other projects in works for the look of it.

As our journey continued north today we stopped in at Wheels Through Time in Maggie Valley, another place worth stopping at also. Here is a bit of trivia I learned while there, back in the 40's Harley developed a 2 cylinder horizontally opposed shaft driven bike for the Army, call the XA, looked like a BMW boxer, they have two of them, and only a little over a 1000 were ever made.

Had a left hand throttle so the rider's right hand was free to fire a hand gun. Just Google it you will be amazed.

Agreed Wheels Thru Time is a must see if your in the area. There is more than bikes in there, even the wife was amazed at some of the things in there. Steve, I'm old but I aint worked on no B 17's lol

Agreed Wheels Thru Time is a must see if your in the area. There is more than bikes in there, even the wife was amazed at some of the things in there. Steve, I'm old but I aint worked on no B 17's lol

That is just one they are working on, besides, sheet metal, hydraulics and electrics all work the same old or new, we used the same technology on the Pipers I built, as we did for F4s , F15s and Tomahawks, just take the knowledge you have and apply it to the job at hand. Looks like a fun place to work.

Our journey continued into Tennessee yesterday, stopped and toured the Brushy Mountain Penitentiary, wo what a scary place that is, they is where they held James Earl Ray, if you are in the area of Petros, TN it is worth stopping to check it out.

Today we got our Bourbon Passports stamped at 3 distilleries, Markers Mark is well worth the time, tomorrow we tour Woodford Reserve, just so happens we stumbled on their grand opening of the new welcome center.

We should be headed for Parkersburg WV sometime tomorrow.

Our journey continued ---- Woodford Reserve, just so happens we stumbled on their grand opening of the new welcome center.

We should be headed for Parkersburg WV sometime tomorrow.

LOL Bourbon Tour Just stumbled onto grand opening :smile5:

If you pass through Dayton, Ohio check out the Air Force Museum at Wright Patterson.

We went there last year when we left for home after MD, well worth the time, we spent 6 hours inside, did not tour the outside static displays.

I recommend anyone going near Dayton should stop in and tour the museum.

We left Moorehead, KY this morning and it was 60 degrees, windy and clear, that soon turned to very windy and overcast, which turned into cold, windy and rain for the last 150 or so miles. We checked into the Red Roof as planned, but decided we wanted a bit better accommodations so we are in the Hampton Inn in Elyria for the next few days.

Looking forward to seeing everyone at MD.