IGNORED

Cost of tire changes

BlueSky

I was thinking of taking the RSV tires/wheels and new tires to a shop for replacement. So, I called the Honda/Suzuki dealer $55 per tire. The only other new bike dealer is HD. I called an independent shop and was told they don't install tires they don't sell. Another independent shop will do it for $35/tire. Sooo, I guess I'll do it. I'll just use a different method of breaking the bead on these. C-clamps didn't do that well for me on the Kawa rear tire. I think I'll try the 2x4 under the bumper trick. HF did get in a bead breaker but I've kinda lost interest in buying one now. I've got plenty of 2x4s.

Start at 2:20 on the timeline Sky. That little $15 HF bead breaker that you see in the video works PERFECTLY and do so in lots of other applications including on the RSV like yours ( @videoarizona can verify that if needed). I have a high end clamp on bead breaker that I got for a Christmas present that is also has a HUGE application horizon but the only reason, IMHO, that it is handier is that I can carry it in a saddle bag. As far as versatility cause (being able to use it across a wide spectrum of tires) this HR breaker ROCKS and is actually VERY easy to use!! Wayyyyy easier than jacking up a car and using 2x4's (which I have done) and for the money,,, definitely a good investment!!

I dont seem to have a vid of Vaz and I swapping out his RSV's rear tire with the HR Breaker in action but I do have this showing I had successfully used it on the 190 rear tire on my R1 = easy peasy. Thought this may help in your decision making?

My local place installs them free if you buy the tires from them, They are a bit more, but not the difference in buying off the net, and paying for install. And I get to have my local place put a note on the ticket that customer will not accept tires older than 1 year. They order them in, call me, I make them verify dates, and then I take them off and to them. First time I let them do it all, never again, they lost an important washer / spacer, and I like doing other maintenance when the tires are off.

Edited by SpencerPJ

The shops in Homestead FL when I was there charged $150 for the rear if it was shaft drive and $75 for the front if they removed the wheels from the bike. At the time I paid it because I was working and was very busy and didn't have the time or initiative then to tackle them myself.