IGNORED

GS 750 Suzuki 1982

slowrollwv

The GS series are solid bikes. I had an '82 GS850L that I bagged and mounted a Vetter WindJammer 2 on it. It was my long haul bike until I got the Venture.

I'd pick it up if the price was right. Maybe $700-800 if it is really good cosmetic and mechanical condition.

$0.02, YMMV

I had a very good friend that owned that exact bike, rock solid, ran like a top. He could beat my Madura in the twisties but I would blow rite by him in a straight line. We rode all over the East coast and he never had any problems, and he could do an amazing burnout on that thing, you didnt want to be behind him at a lite:yikes:.

RIP Bill

Craig

Have not seen the cosmetics yet but price is good. Just checked Ebay and can get a switch for under $50.00. May have to pull the trigger on this one. Good thing about this one it is my neighborhood so I could push it home if need be.

Good solid machines IMHO Roller.. Never were a high dollar machine in my retail experience but good riders/runners and tough bikes. The "Water Buffalo" (750 triple two stroke) held a solid x5 and up in value on retail for me.. If you get it and it has not been run in a long time (+4 years) I would strongly suggest prelubing the cam journals in it before firing it up so you dont smudge the journals by spinning em dry on start up.. Also make sure it has a good battery for start up as low voltage/weak batteries are the #1 cause of future starter issues.. Make sense?

BTW, I have (somewhere) an original owners manual for a '82 GS750T. Not sure if it is only for the 'T' version or universal.

You are welcome to it if you want it. Just send me a name and address and I will drop it in the mail.

RR

BTW, I have (somewhere) an original owners manual for a '82 GS750T. Not sure if it is only for the 'T' version or universal.

You are welcome to it if you want it. Just send me a name and address and I will drop it in the mail.

RR

Thanks I have not been over to talk to the owner yet. He works crazy hours but if I get the bike I will let you know.