IGNORED

Chrome Switch Housing Cover

Red Ryder

I'm assuming you mean the big ignition switch cover on the gas tank, and I recall you installed risers on your handlebars. That being the case you do not want to use those chrome covers as the handlebars will hit with the risers and the next thing you ,know you, have a piece of plastic broken off!! Also, they do not stay shiny for very long, they are cheap ABS plastic with an inferior plating on them...

Yeah what Bob said they are junk. Best thing to do is paint your stock cover to match the bike if it is not black already. Here is an idea. Mark your cover where the bars hit it. Take the cover off and heat it with a torch a little just enough to make it soft and use a piece of pipe to make an indention in the cover where the bars hit then paint to match the bike.

Edited by slowrollwv

Not sure what you are looking for. I assumed the handlebar switches when I read your post but others seem to think you meant the gas cap surround. Please clarify. That being said, I don't remember seeing any covers for the handlebar switches. The Midnights and S models came with chromed housings though. You may have to resort to finding some at a salvage yard if that is what you want.

Guest divey

If it’s the gas tank top cover that goes around the ignition switch on top the gas tank, you can buy it new at http://www.fortnine.ca. Search for Show Chrome Gas Tank Top Cover, item #61-104 . $52.99 Canadian dollars so with the exchange rate you’ll pay about a third less. At that price I’m sure it’s plastic and as others have said, the chrome will reflect on the windshield big time. Doug