IGNORED

Progressive Insurance Issues

zagger

I've had Progressive Insurance for my motorcycles for many years. My policies run until the middle of May and I renew them each year. So this year I got an email from them in the middle of March suggesting that I should renew online. OK - so I did that and put the renewal date for the middle of May when the policies actually expire. So - now it is the first part of May and I got a letter in the mail from Progressive saying that I should renew right away or the coverage would expire. I called the insurance agent who handles Progressive and they agreed that my online payment was made and would post in the middle of May as I requested. I called Progressive and they agreed that the payment had been made online and would be recorded in the middle of May. Of course, the phone guy I spoke to had no idea why I was receiving notices in the mail when the renewal had already been done. He admitted that they get lots of calls like mine wondering what is going on. I strongly pointed out that he needed to rip their IT folks a new one for their complete incompetence. Then he asked if I wanted to continue getting paper invoices, or should they just email me. Using fighting language, I suggested that they should have their IT idiots hand deliver everything using their personal cars until they start to get a clue.

Just a warning if you might be thinking of bike insurance with these fools.

zag

Edited by zagger

I've always had Progressive and they stood up and wrote it for the appropriate amount when I got out of the horsepital

And the guy met me where the bike had been kept for me, added a couple things he didn't know about

I always think you getz what ya payz for...

I used Progressive until I needed to use their claims dept, unbelievable headache with AT&T levels of poor customer service. They cant make it cheap enough for me to go back. I use a local State Farm guy now, cars are marginally more expensive but it's $20 cheaper per bike to insure over progressive, and the difference in customer service is night and day. I would pay more to avoid another experience like the one I had with Progressive, but I'm actually paying about the same for a vastly superior service. I would check around locally before getting into bed with Progressive. I did a little searching around and found out my experience with Progressive was pretty far from unusual. Solid quality insurance is worth a little extra cost.

Been with St Farm for about 35 years while living in several states. Always had premium service from the local agent (even though I rarely have had a claim of any kind). I will pay extra for personal service. However, their rates have been competitive (not cheapest, but competitive). Don't plan on changing.

RR